13 | ρнoтogrαρн

Start from the beginning

As I laid there in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling fan that never spun, I couldn't help but smile to myself. For the first time, in the history of my seventeen years on earth, I think I might just have a boyfriend. A real boyfriend. Not a boy that I hooked up with some nights and forgot about. This was a real boy. A real boy with pretty green eyes and a heart stopping smile. And that boy was mine.

Well, for the moment, anyway.

My phone rang again and I rolled my eyes, knowing that it was probably Scar trying to confirm that I had indeed enjoyed our kiss. I would never admit it to him, even if it killed him.

"Patterson, these early morning phone calls are starting to seem a bit sentimental, even for someone like you," I said as soon as I answered the phone.

Only it wasn't Scar's voice who responded. "Myers."

I felt my heart sink to my knees when I realized that I was talking to my boss, and not Scar. "Oh my god, I thought you were someone else. Sorry. Yeah, what do you need?" Despite trying to hold a professional conversation, my mind kept drifting to the time that the boss and I had sex. After that experience, there was no way I could think of him in a professional manner after seeing and feeling things that weren't so professional.

"Change of plans," he said in his deep, smooth voice. He had that kind of voice that made anything he said sound sexy. "I'll need another car by today."

"What?" I questioned him. "You said Tuesday."

"I know what I said," he snapped dryly, "and now I'm saying I need another car by the end of today."

To find a semi-new car in good condition that also happened to be hot wireable in a non-conspicuous setting, I needed a few days to plan ahead. I couldn't steal a car with just a day's notice. "I can't," I told him. "I have plans for today. I won't be able to steal anything."

I could tell he was growing impatient. "Cancel them."

"I can't just-"

"Cancel them," he reiterated, "or you're out of a job. That simple."

I grabbed a handful of my hair and tugged on it in frustration. I had already promised Scar that I'd stop by after school and I intended to keep that promise. After all, it would only be a matter of time before he snapped out of his trance and damned me to hell again.

"I can't do it today," I barked, surprised at my own voice. Never did I think that I would be able to stand up to the boss like that. "If you want to fire me, then fine. But I can't get you a car today."

He let out a low chuckle that ran shivers down my spine. "You're bold, Myers. I like that about you."

"Uh, thanks?"

"Tell you what. You can forget about getting me another car, only if you do something else in return." There was something oddly suggestive in his voice.

I raised a brow. "What is it?"

"Come to my office so I can fuck you senseless again," he demanded before abruptly ending the call.

Moments after the phone went dead, I was still staring absentmindedly into space with my phone pressed between my shoulder and my ear. I had to have been frozen in that position for a few minutes, still shocked from the boss' explicit words.

Mere seconds later, my phone lit up with a text message from the boss, giving nothing but an unfamiliar address.

Jillian stirred in her sleep in the twin bed beside mine and groaned softly, "Why are you up so early?" She asked me, though it could easily be mistaken for her just talking to herself since her eyes were still squeezed shut.