O24

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

"Don't you feel lonely?" The Water Head while standing by the doorway. He had his arms crossed above his chest while looking at me.

I started boiling water and preparing the teapot and cups we'll be using.

"Lonely? I'm with Kanao and the rest of the girls." I glanced at him before making sure the fire wasn't too high or low.

When I was finally sure it was just right, I stood up straight and walked to the doorway.

I guess a mini chat won't hurt or give me some impact.

"Your sister isn't with you anymore." He was careful of what words he chose and waited for my response.

I hated the part when he mentioned my sister, but there's nothing I can do. He stated a fact and I couldn't possibly change that. It is something that I should just accept.

"I still don't feel sad nor lonely." I stood beside him, "There's no reason to be."

He gave me a confused look, indicating that he didn't quite get what I was saying. He probably thinks that I'm blabbing nonsense right now.

"Look, if my sister was here, she would tell me to smile." I sighed to myself before smiling, "Wherever she is now, I'm sure she'd feel bad if I feel sad."

Tomioka just nodded. He didn't say anything while I was speaking. He gave his whole attention to me before pointing the boiling water.

I walked towards it to put out the fire before transferring the water into the teapot.

I sure hope that tea would help me calm down when I start checking Tomioka's health.

I arranged the teapot and the cups on a small tray before looking at the Water Pillar.

"Let's have you checked up." I said before carrying the tray with my little hands.

He looked at me intently which only made me conscious about my face. I'm pretty sure I don't have something on it. Just before I could walk, he stood infront of me.

"Let me help." He blocked my way before taking the tray and walked out ahead of me leaving me inside the kitchen.

That act alone was enough to make my head ache because of thinking. I can't understand what's happening anymore.

Just what are you doing, Tomioka?

I watched his back as he walked away. I took that time to place my hand on my chest to feel how much my heart was reacting.

It was shaking violently and I don't want to know why.

The treatment area was nearby. Tomioka went in ahead of me as I was already thinking twice. I was having double thoughts of entering and running away from that place.

I know he's only asking me to check his temperature and health status, but I was still nervous. I couldn't help but start overthinking.

Maybe I really am turning nuts.

"Let's end this quickly, Kocho-dono." He emphasized the last word before I heard him yawn softly.

I took one deep breath before clenching my fists. There will be no harm in checking him up.

I need to finish this up quick. I still need to check the nearby areas and make sure there aren't any demons scattered.

The night was getting deeper and darker which only means that there will be a higher risk of having those monsters around.