CHAPTER XII: RETURN TO ELDON

They sat on a vacant life guard post farther down the beach in this dream. A wisp of seven fireworks soared into the skies as the lavender scent of freshly washed clothes on the backs of Angel and Emmanuel crossed pollinated with the fresh scent of the pacific. The loud boom invaded their eardrums as the vibrant lights of the works came and went right in front of their eyes. There was the sight of a large ominous planet above the atmosphere with the small moon in comparison of how large it was at that distance. The firework show tried its best to mimic cartoon shapes of things like Jupiter, flowers, trees, and strangely enough a honey dipper. Angel and Emmanuel held each other closer in glee and content. A dark figure closer to the shore came walking out of the water as if he was Jesus with his long dark hair flowing in the breeze. Angel pointed the figure out to Emmanuel. "What do you see?" "I see somebody over there, you see him?" The dark figure dissipated as if it was absorbed by the darkness of the ocean waves. Angel slowly lowered his arm and said "I guess...Never mind." Toward their right across the other side of the beach was the ocean port that stretched all the way down toward the dark expanse of the ocean. When Angel looked at Emmanuel, the ports amber lights went through Emmanuel's head like a spear. Ahead of them, across the rolling waves was the blockade of sea ships with their bright amber and white lights carrying the fireworks that rocketed into the sky. Emmanuel asked Angel "Can I give you a kiss..." He leaned over to Angels cheek and then moved over to his lips. Seven more fireworks exploded in the night sky all at once in unison. In the heat of passion, Emmanuel rested Angel on the wooden board of the post and kissed each other around the face and neck grabbing a hold of each others hair and caressing his face, scratching his back with his nails, pushing their souls deeper into each other like the spirit of lost lovers. Emmanuel said "Your ticklish?" Angel smiled with his eyes glowing with all the lights and colors of the works.

Emmanuel woke up and realized he was in his bed this time. He turned his head and looked at the alarm clock on the cabinet, it was 6:54 AM, a blink later it was 6:55. The bright morning sun rested in his bedroom as the alarm played an old song with a old somber melodic tune. Three men in lab coats stood around him and a woman typed away on his computer desk as they all starred at him gathering information from his monitor's around his bed. A camera placed in the right hand corner of his room near the window was recording him. He stared at the ceiling and wondered if this was dream that would just go away, but it was real. All around his body narrow cables and square white tapes attached the ends to his skin from head to sole. "The readings came positive for Fructose, Glucose, and..." One of the guys in white coats next to the machine said. "How long have I been gone" Emmanuel said with a weak voice. "You need to rest, you just came back from the other side." Emmanuel took his time gathering what was going on in his room. He turned on his phone and saw all the messages that were left there since he was last seen. His hand gravitated toward an insignia marked on the wooden frame of his bed. He sensed that he had some sort of connection to this mark. It was a finely carved figure of a bee encased in a seven point star. In that instant he began to remember all that had happened in the course of 8 days. He wanted to get out of his bed but the senior in the coat prevented him from doing so. "Emmanuel, you cant get up yet." "I have to see Angel, let me go!" The machine started to release all sorts of beeping sounds as the white tags all around his skin where ripped off as he tried to escape. "Mr. Pena, yo need to stay put, you are not healthy enough to go out yet." "Then what am I doing here..." "That's what we are trying to figure out." His mother and father forged their way inside the room. "Emmanuel..."

They embraced Emmanuel and talked him into staying in bed for longer. Emmanuel did not want them to know about Angel yet. He wanted to respect their image of him as a gift sent from heaven and pure without sin. So he figured that he would calm down for now. "Oh my lord your so thin now." His mother cried on his shoulder and they where by his side for about half an hour until the doctor asked if Emmanuel was hungry. Emmanuel noticed that his stomach was slimmer and his arms where turning into twigs. "He is moderately malnourished he will would most likely need to be put into intensive care at the local hospital. " "What about the bed" His mother said. "The bed will stay here, it looks like it has nothing to do with Emmanuel sudden appearance out of thin air, it's almost likely just a place holder like a pin on a map when traveling though space-time." The man continued "Emmanuel do you remember anything at all?" "No... not really." He felt something in the pockets of the blue and white stripped robe he was wearing. "Well all I remember is the raccoon giving this to me." He held out a piece of white marble from his pockets. "This is a piece of quartz or marble." "Who is the raccoon you just mentioned right now?" His father asked. "He is the one who saved me and put me back to good health." Emmanuel continued "How do yo guys know about where I came from?" "Like I said we are not certain, but we know that you traveled through a location outside of this universe." "Im sorry to ask, but who noticed that I was off to a different dimension "We were referred to by two men in the name of Orlando and Angel Lopez, which we assume is an acquaintance of yours, right?" Emmanuel looked down at his shoes and starred at them as he stayed immobile. "Emmanuel we want you to know that your safe and nothing will ever take you away from us again" His mother said. "Look we are in danger, we don't have much time left mom" Emmanuel said. The room stood silent. Emmanuel continued "The raccoon said that his queens infantry was planning on invading the city and more through the same way I got here." He continued "The raccoon doesn't have much control over any of this and neither do we." His mother looked at him with concern and said "Emmanuel it's okay if anything happens..." "No, we cannot pray that this is something that wont happen and I'm making up like some crazy person." "Emmanuel that's enough." His father said. "Your sudden disappearance is something even us scientist can explain" The lady said. "You will just have to wait it out here Emmanuel." the other man said.