CHAPTER IX: Siamese

March 21st 2025

It got warmer with a few occasional showers left from winter's rein over the clouds as the sun persisted above the Marine layer right until it would hit nine in the morning when the golden fire sun would burn through the clouds and to their brown skin. Still, Angel walked through the fog as the lights with no poles guided him to school that morning.

"Yeah like we give a damn?" said a group of young teenage girls as they threw their graded assignments in the trash as the bell rang for lunch. The science teacher showed off a large smile as he prepared for the next class. Emmanuel grabbed his backpack and walked in a quick pace toward the lunch table where he usually sat in the outdoor quad. He gathered with a group of his soccer friends at a table near the sycamore tree.  He watched the quad area began to deluge with students from every possible direction of classrooms.

 Heavy noise filled their quad as many attempted to make small talk and start a conversation with him. " Hey are you pumped for the game, cause I am, were gonna win this one for sure." said Richard. In front of him, two guys began to goof off and call each other names that were most likely true. On his left, a quartet of freshman girls flirted with two other senior year boys. Then there was the clamming of fingers tapping on the glass screens like crabs. His trance was subverted as one of the proclaimed hottest girl in school approached him. She wasn't 'The hottest' in his eyes, but you couldn't deny that her rack was the most prominent. 

"Hey E-man have you done the homework for Perez?" she asked him nicely. He responded " Yeah, but you should only take a picture of it cause I haven't finished it." She replied "Alright got it." She took a quick picture she continued " Hey are you still doing anything after the game on Thursday?" Emmanuel tilted his head and said " Well uh, I think I'm gonna go watch a movie with one of my friends after the game why?" She responded " No reason, It's cause..." She cupped her mouth with her hands and leaned in close to his ear. Some of his friends began to notice Emmanuel turning red as she turned away and waved at him from a distance as her friends giggled and smiled. Emmanuel tried not to notice the girls as one of his friends Luis said " Hey E-man I think you're sweating more than you got her moist." The group began to chuckle. Emmanuel smiled and said to them "What is that supposed to mean?!" One of the girls said "Aw E-man you guys would be cute together."

He walked to class with the same soccer friends after lunch. The bell rang and almost every student scrabbled off to their next classes in a loud herd. In the distance he could see Angel walking toward him with a dark hoodie over his head. Emmanuel was nearing a corner and decided to tie his shoes as his friends continued to walk beyond him. He took shelter behind the wall and decided to surprise Angel as he walked by. Unfortunately, a school proctor called him out saying " Emmanuel, What are you doing, get to class!" Angel looked surprised at Emmanuel as he said sarcastically " Yeah get to class."  He didn't care anymore who was what, when or where. Emmanuel just wanted to be with Angel. He shook his head and said "Darn, I was gonna get you good." Angel responded " Oh, don't even try, you'll embarrass yourself." 

Emmanuel smiled as he followed Angel and said "You got a new hoodie, where'd you get it?" Angel grabbed the drawstring and said with slight smile " It's my cousins, he let me borrow it, why?" Emmanuel responded  " No reason, I just thought it looked really good on you..." He lowered his voice and continued " You look really cute, I'm not gonna lie." Angel blushed a little as he said "Come on dude, don't you need to get to class." Emmanuel said " But where are you going?" Angel pointed toward the restroom that was on the other side of the building. The halls were already quite and empty.  

Emmanuel said " I'll wait for you." Angel responded " No, It's okay you don't have to." Emmanuel said insistently " I want to, I'll wait outside for you if you want."  Angel responded " But, you'll get caught, I'll see you after school" Emmanuel grabbed Angel's wrist's as he began to walk away. Emmanuel stated " I miss you." Angel tried to wrangle his arm away but his grip got tighter. Emmanuel's face grew serious and grim " Don't tell me that it's true." Angel said " What are you talking about..." Emmanuel looked straight into Angel's eye's with contempt fear " What I saw at the park, was I dreaming?" Angel looked at the other side of the hall without saying anything. Emmanuel said with gritted teeth " Angel, The guy that was with you, who was he." Angel gazed straight into his eye's and said " I wasn't with anyone alright!" Emmanuel evidently saw the truth in him, whether he liked it or not. Emmanuel responded " Liar." He let go of Angel's wrist. Angel said " I'm sorry, but I have nothing to do with what happened to you that day..." Emmanuel said " I know...you're right." Angel said " Look I really gotta go, I'll see you after school, please, I'll be looking for you." Angel walked toward the restroom without looking back as Emmanuel headed to class with an intense form of disgust in his gut.