CHAPTER X: Lunar Land

Emmanuel struggled to get the door open. He realized that there was no time for weeping. It was the panic that made him forget about Angel for the time since they meet. A rush of blood escaped from his feet  when the door flew open and a rush of cold air blew into the room making him fall on the floor bottom first. A small dark brown cat elegantly walked in. It went around him as it took a pause to examine his face closely as it proceeded to somersaulted across the room and near the window that gave an outlook to the alien city. The albino raccoon held a tray of two cups of coffee and biscuit's with a side of honey. It suddenly talked " Hello Emmanuel, how are you feeling?" Without drooping anything, it levitated from the ground and placed the tray on a desk near Angel's body. Emmanuel asked " What are you doing?" as the raccoon got close to Angel. The cat said "Would you like some coffee?" Emmanuel gazed at the cat. The cat had a feminine voice. " Why are you starring at me like that, do I got something on my face?" Emmanuel stayed quit.  

A blanket wrapped around Emmanuel sitting on a wooden chair near Angel's corpse. He couldn't take his eyes off of Angel as he held his coffee and biscuits with booth hands. The raccoon said " I know this may be kinda bizarre to ask, but how long have you known Angel for?" " a month." " Do you remember anything of what had happened before you woke up here?" " Yes, but I'm not exactly sure." " Well I can tell you that Angel isn't dead but..." "But he isn't breathing" The cat interrupted " That is not how it works." " So I'm just gonna assume that he magically wakes up in his bed in another dimension apart from where we are?" The raccoon said " Yes." Emmanuel looked out the door in disbelief. The raccoon continued " We want Angel to stay healthy and happy and most importantly alive. We brought you here because you didn't survive the incident back there." " Technically you are dead." "What do you mean I'm dead..." He looked at himself and his hands. The raccoon said " We have to keep you here for the next three days in order for your body and soul to reconcile." A parameter of sun and the window hit Emmanuel as it shun through his spirit. Emmanuel asked " Is this the after life?" " Not particularly,  this is  Alexandria." 

March 22 2025 

The first woman to reach the moon was also the first to die on the dark side that very same day, her name was Lucile. Like watching an iris of an eye collapse, a flash of light seen in the distance as the crew of the lunar mission witnessed her dissemblance. Millions of prayers were sent from her home state of Georgia as the news rang out on the 21st of March on a Friday afternoon. A cry of yearning for her revival from her parents on the television screen as the world watched in awe and terror. In other news, the cure for Lupus was also discovered on that very same evening as well. The clock turned dawn and soon the sound of the bridge falling could be heard for no more than 50 miles later that night as the train had completely passed bye east bound. That morning Emmanuel was in his bed asleep with Angel in the hospital in Los Angeles with a nasal cannula to help him breath. 

Angels father stood beside him on his bed. Angel opened his eyes and looked around the room very confused and terrified. " Don't worry, I'm here, It's okay." It was already midnight and the moon appeared and disappeared past the hills in the distance as seen through the window. Angel stood up on his bed drinking a cup of water and crackers. A health monitor stood beside him and his aunt was right next to it. Visions of Alexandria flew bye in his prefrontal cortex. Angel held in a deep sigh as his dad said " Angel we know what happened." " Your not alone..." Emmanuel and the raccoon had been talking in his dreams. " He's not dead, he's alive in the other world." His extended family came in and out from his bedside through the day. A went in and out of sleep as well. 

The room was darker when picked up his Grandmother scent. "Look at my son, how could anything like this happen to him..." The crust that held his eyelids closed was wiped away with her hands. "Who is it?" Angel asked. "Its me you're Grandma." "Angel mijo I am glad that you are alive, but we don't have much time."  Angel was tired " What is it?" She handed him a grey silk cloth with a round object wrapped inside. He grasped it with his hands as he felt a surge of water flowing through his arms and chest as if he was submerged in a hot spring. Then without warning he covered his mouth as blood sported out onto the white hospital bed sheets. His father ripped the marble from his hands. " What is this thing?" Samuel asked. Angel's cousin, Chris shot through the door " Tio, drop the marble!" Samuel flinched and threw it under the bed. "Grandma, what are you doing, that marble is dangerous..." " But, it is his, he is just not ready yet!" 

Samuel held a bucket under Angel's mouth so the blood would not create a mess "Booth of you get the hell away from us!" Chris and his grandmother stood frozen " She's been causing nothing but trouble for us since Jasmine..." He held in his anger "You booth Psychos." "Tio, we didn't mean to cause any harm to Angel we are here because my girlfriend was abducted." Two female nurses with blue scrubs stepped inside the room. " I'm sorry but I got better things to worry about now." A doctor backed them toward the door. " Angel is in danger, there is still time!" By the time the door was shut Angel went under. Samuel grabbed the marble that had rolled to the other side of the room. He remembered Angel holding hands with Emmanuel as the Bridge fell on top of them. His head was bruised and his ankle was twisted, but Emmanuel suffered a much greater fate that ended his life short. Angel was in the hospital for the next three days util he was released back home. 

March 26 2025

It was almost the end of the school year and tickets for prom were going for 55 dollars a piece since Thursday. By next Monday, The venue was announced to be located in a Burbank California near Walt Disney studios. 

Nico stood in line to get a pair of tickets with some of her friends. She was wearing a black beanie over her short black hair with a yellow hair clip. " Bitch, this line is tacking to long." said Miranda. Nico went on her phone. " He's still not responding?" said Miranda. Miranda was a tall scrawny girl in the 10th grade. A year older than Nico. "No... I'm worried" " You don't think he was the one on the bridge?" Several reports named the victims on the bridge as two male and a snake. " I don't know..." " Don't worry he's probably safe somewhere." "  But I known him for my whole life, and hes not away from soccer for that long without telling anyone, he even missed the big game." They were next to the sales window to get ticket's. " Should I buy one for Emmanuel before the price goes up?" " Nico, you don't even know if he's going." " But he said he was." "But do you know who he's going with, you should wait until later." "No, I think it would be better if I bought them now." "Girls, I need to know how many you will be getting." " Three please." " That'll be 165 please." 

Nico studied the print on the tickets " The theme is 'A night on the Moon' how tacky." " Why did you buy three tickets?" "They'll thank me later." 

March 28 2025

A satellite was due to enter the atmosphere that night. The tides were stronger pulling it's people back into the ocean from where they belong. The weather getting warmer again like a trend, but when the moon was out it was still feverish enough to see one's breath through the street lights. 

News reports on every screen about the death of Emmanuel and the survival of his friend Angel Lopez after the collapse of the bridge. 

Miguel looked out the window to see the lunar eclipse as the dark clouds blew past the blood stained disk that night. He drank his cup of tea his mother made him while the detective was on the phone. " This will only continue if I do not receive your help, Miguel." " How will this work detective?" " I have found the bag that is needed to transport between worlds." "What bag?" " The Raccoon's bag, I have it." " How did you end up finding it and how are you still alive to tell me!" " That doesn't matter right now, Miguel." " Then what are we gonna do with it?" " We are going to try to build a portal with it." " How..." "With Angels help." " Isn't he still in the hospital, Detective." " No he was released yesterday, I visited him at his home." "How is he doing?" "Angel has seen better day's, he says he feels empty." " Do you know how dangerous this is detective." " I know, but it will be worth it. We will be safe again." he continued " We are taping in closer the dark side of the moon."