It's been almost more than two weeks now and I have hardly seen king around. Usually he comes to class late and leaves first.

Other times, he doesn't appear in the class at all and his friends don't either.
First I thought It might be due to their football practice, but then I found out from harry that football practice only happens after the school time so that the players won't lack behind in their studies.

It made me wonder where he goes all these times.

He didn't try to approach me either.

Is he purposefully trying to avoid me after that night?

Snorting at my own thoughts, I shook my head, shaking off the idea of him giving me that much importance.

"Its not funny. You shouldn't just come to the conclusions without knowing the actual matter." I turned away and resumed taking quick strands ahead.

"Hey! Then why don't you tell me what the actual matter is?" She shouted, trying to approach me.

I turned around to respond her but found her waving at someone in a way that her entire body waved at the impact. Following her line of gaze, I found Jake standing against his truck, waving back at her with a big grin.

There were other cars and bikes of students parked. Some place was empty too because of students already gone back home while others were standing beside the cars, talking to their friends or girlfriend.

Emma held my shoulder," I'm so sorry faith, you would have to go back home on your own. I almost forgot me and Jake had plans for this afternoon." She informed through a guilty pout.

Assuring her that it was okay, I bade her farewell and decided to directly go to Harry's without stopping by the apartment, which was impossible because of no keys whatsoever.

I will have to do something about these damned keys!

Huffing, I pulled the scarf more over my head to cover my eyes from sunlight. The sky was clear today which  made the day turn hotter than usual.

Students don't usually walk back home. Those from freshman and sophomore year are usually picked up by their parents or siblings. While junior and senior year students prefer to drive back home unless their homes are at the walking distance.

As I kept walking, my thoughts reminded me of my own family. After that night it was so hard to make some excuse or convince mama how it wasn't what she thought It was.

Although I didn't share what happened at the party and afterwards with Emma,  she surely helped me in convincing mama that it was just her boyfriend who mistook my cellphone as hers.

Mama still wasn't comfortable at the prospect of a guy being their in our apartment but her anger settled down to some extent and she didn't tell all this to papa to which I was thankful.

Kicking the pebble, I entered the alley, walking past the big garbage can. I could see the huge building of rental apartments, one of which harry rented.

Approaching the end of the alley, I turned around to enter the parking lot at the base of the building, through which you had to go upstairs to the apartments.

Some of the cars were parked in that huge area while the rest couldn't be seen due to the darkness at the other end.

I exhaled in relief for having done with the sunlight, pushing the scarf a bit backward, away from my eyes. That's when I started hearing the hush of muffled whispers coming from the other end of the lot.

Caught up with curiosity, I tip toed my way, taking the support of the car to keep myself hidden from the sight, and made it near the wall.

Pushing myself against it, I flattened my palm against the surface and leaned over to peak at suspicious voices.