Chapter 21

Suzette:

As soon as Porter and I walked hand in hand into the gym of the school everyone stopped to stare at us. I caught Lark's eyes and then I met the flaming blue eyes of Chasity. She looked so mad and jealous. But right now I didn't even care. Porter and I walked straight towards Lark.

"Hey guys." Porter says to all his friends.

"Hey Porter. We didn't think you'd come since what happened with Kendall." Jake says.

I didn't think Porter was going to come either after I heard what happened to Kendall. I wish that she was here and she could be here with him. And then Lark could be here with me. Chasity would have to find someone else.

I don't know how Chasity and I's relationship got so rocky. She was my only friend besides Lark but now I have Porter. I never expected Porter and I to be friends. Mostly because he's Ava's stepbrother. And now Ava is gone because of the same person who is messing with me.

Porter notices that I'm not mentally there with him since I'm staring off into space so he squeezes my hand. That brings me right out of my thoughts and I look up at him and smile. His lips slightly turn up on the sides and I see out of the corner of my eye that Lark's face is flaming. He looks so sad. But I don't know why he would be sad since after this we will be together. I smile at him for reassurance and he doesn't smile back.

"Want to dance?" Porter asks?

"Yes." I mumble.

He noticed how Lark kinda blew me off. I'm just glad that he got me out of there. Porter leads me to where everyone is dancing in the crowded space. he starts to move and he grabs both of my hands and moves me with him. He spins me around and I laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.

We continue to dance until my feet hurt. I ask Porter if we can sit and he says sure. He takes me to a table and we sit together. I am panting and out of breath.

"So who do you think will win Prom King and Queen?" I ask?

"You and Lark." Porter says.

I can feel the shock appear across my face.

"What? I wasn't even nominated."

"I know but I asked for you to be put on the ballot." He says.

I sit there and process this. This is what I always dreamed. Lark and I arm in arm together at Prom. Dancing together. Laughing together. Being together.

Dreams. That's what they were. No they are not dreams. Now that they are reality I don't know if I want them to come true.

"Hey you okay Suze?" Porter asks?

"Yes. All my dreams are coming true tonight and I don't know what to think about them." I say.

"Isn't that a good thing though." He asks?

"Yeah it's good if that's what I still want. Which I don't know if I want those dreams to come true." I say.

"I hope that all your dreams come true Suzette. You deserve it." Porter says.

My heart instantly warms and my eyes fill with tears.

"Thank you." I say.

Porter smiles.

 This Love by Taylor Swift comes on and before Porter can ask me to dance Lark comes up to me and holds out his hand. I look up at him with wide eyes. He just smiles and says "Suzette Carrier will you dance with me."

I look around for Chasity and he notices that I'm looking for her.

"Who cares about what she thinks. Tonight is about you." He says.