xxv. lightning never strikes twice

Start from the beginning

"Oh, his parents told us about the camping trip out to the lake this weekend. I can only assume you're going along?" Her parents shared a collective look of remembrance at the sight of me as Amanda shook her head over them mentioning this.

"Maybe? I— I don't know. I'll be back soon."

Skating across a few blocks down to Lyon Estates, Amanda stepped off her board to see Marty opening the garage doors to a 4x4 waiting for him inside. "Well things have certainly changed," She said behind him to have her friend turn to her in surprise.

Seeing this was his Amanda immediately led him to take her up in and embrace with a twirl to send her laughing. "God I'm so glad to see you." Marty placed her down out of concern and confirmation he hadn't gone completely mental. "We really went back in time didn't we?"

"Considering my mom is now home with my dad as we speak like she never left to begin with, I'd say so." Amanda looked past him to see his parents watching them from inside the house as Marty turned back to do the same before the two of them went back inside to leave the teens to their privacy again. Noticing the truck in the garage, she raised a brow over the sight confused. "Your dad become a hot shot or something? What's with the four by four?"

Marty laughed over the circumstances he'd face since coming back and nodded. "It's mine." She shook her head in disbelief being sent back by him taking into her arms gently. Her gaze turned up towards him as his heart raced over his own admittance to something he'd kept back for some time. "Can I ask you something?"

Amanda nodded, draping her arms across his shoulders to grin up to him. "Go ahead, blue?"

He tucked a strand of her hair tenderly before continuing on. "I'm gonna kiss you, alright?" Finding the innocent comment romantic, Amanda felt her cheeks flush before being slightly picked by him. Marty tilted her chin up to kiss her, finally. She couldn't help to smile through the act, soon laughing as he now jokingly smothered smaller pecks across her cheeks as he placed her back down onto the driveway.

Holding him close to sneak another kiss, he pressed his forehead against hers comfortingly. "It's about time, McFly."

Being interrupted suddenly by a loud rush of wind coming from behind them, the teens turned towards the sound in surprise. Her hair blew past me her as Marty held onto her from surprise as well. The Delorean soon appeared before them to crash into the driveway out of nowhere.

Exchanging a look to one another as the Doc came out looking more peculiar than they last had seen him. Seeing the shades he had on continued to confuse them all the while as he rushed towards them in a hurry. "Marty! Amanda!"

Squeezing both of their shoulders tightly, Amanda only continued to wonder how the hell he could see them with those kinds of glasses on. "You've gotta come back with me," He said with no explanation.

"Where?" Marty and her asked simultaneously.

He lifted his shades at the question wide-eyed. "Back to the future." Doc then turned back towards the trash cans, rummaging though grabbing different pieces. His behavior was more confusing than usual to follow, having her worry over what was making him act like this.

"What are you doing Doc?" Amanda asked, trying to follow his sporadic behavior as best she could.

He held a beer can to his finger unfazed. "I need fuel." He then opened the canister protruding out of the Delorean, putting the pieces of garbage into it. "Go ahead, quick. Get in the car."

Finding the way he was acting to be confusing, Marty tried to join in on questioning their friend's motives for being here further. "No, no no. Look Doc, I just got here, Amanda just got here. We were gonna take the new truck for a spin."

Doc looked between the both of them with a sigh under his breath. "I need both of you to help me, regardless. It's important."

"Wait a minute Doc, what happens to us in the future?" Looking to him concerned, she continued to laugh nervously. "What, do we become assholes or something?"

He shook his head persistently at this. "Oh no, no, you and Marty both turn out fine." He grabbed Marty specifically by the shoulders as he explained himself. "It's your kids, Marty. Something's gotta to be done about your kids."

Growing a lump in his throat over the comment, him and Amanda exchanged a look to one another as Doc pulled open the driver's side of the Delorean. "Kids?" Marty asked softly over to her. She shook my head, not bothering trying to follow what was going on anymore as he pulled up the passenger side. Marty went inside like the Doc said as she followed suit to sit in his lap, the two of them looking over to him backing out of the driveway.

Looking out to the short stretch of road he set out for himself, Amanda looked over to him concerned. "Hey Doc, you better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88." He brushed off the comment, continuing to look ahead of us eagerly.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

to be continued....