Filing Cabinet From Hell

“Ms. Flower’s, we have some work to attend to. So, if you would please.” Mr. Hollington sounded extremely annoyed about the fact that Keith had come to visit me while at work.

“Yes. I’m sorry.” I followed behind him into his office and the door slid closed behind me.

“Your first task for the day will to be to organize that filing cabinet into alphabetical order. Once you are through, have Jacob take the files A-J to be put into the computer system. We are trying to go paperless. It is just taking us a little longer than most companies. I have a lot of…old clients who do not like the technology era.” As he spoke he had sat down at his desk and began going through a folder. I turned my attention to the cabinet. I was surprised when I opened it to find that it was a total mess. The folders were stacked on top of each other instead of being side by side. “Yeah, I couldn’t find a specific clients folder and I began to get frustrated.” I’m going to be frustrated. This is just terrible. How anyone can let their filing cabinet get into such a mess? “Just don’t read the files, Ms. Flowers. My clients would be very upset if you did. Most of them like to keep things personal.”

I took all of the folders out of the first cabinet and sat them on top. This will take most of the day. How does this man expect me to get this done in such a short amount of time? I quickly began putting the files back in. I would glance at the name and then put it in order. The more and more I would put back into the cabinet, the more seemed to pile up. It is like it is never ending. I was on a role; not once did I pause, until I was caught off guard by warm breath on my neck.

Mr. Hollington had quietly made his way from his desk and stood behind me, not saying a single word. I didn’t even hear him move. Instead of turning around to face him, I just stood there and held on to the filing cabinet. My fingers gripped to the cold smooth metal so tight, that I began to think that I would leave finger indentions. I couldn’t find the strength in my legs to even turn around. His velvety breath wrapped around my neck and I could smell the sweetness of it. My knees began to shake as I became weaker and weaker. What is this man doing to me?

It seemed as if his lips grazed my neck, but I’m not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me. His warm breath moved up my neck and to my ear, and in a low husky voice, he whispered, “Now, now Ms. Flowers. I thought I told you to wear your hair down for now on.” I could feel his fingers grasp the band in my hair and he slowly pulled it out. As my hair fell down, I felt like I would fall with it. Once again his warm breath caressed my ear. “Besides, I believe you look much more beautiful with it down.” When his warmth left me, I felt so cold, that I almost shivered. This man left me standing there alone, holding on to the filing cabinet for dear life. He had left the room without saying another word.

How can him just breathing on my neck and ear, make me feel like my world was spinning? For the life of me, I couldn’t focus on organizing. I was still trying to make myself let go of the cabinet.

“Darling, are you okay?” Donna’s sudden voice scared me. The shock brought me out of my daze and back to reality.

“Uh yeah. I’m fine. I’m just a little overwhelmed right now.”

“I know. That cabinet is a mess.” Yeah, let’s go with that. I’m not going to tell him that Mr. Hollington is the reason for me being overwhelmed. “Mr. Devil sent me in here to help you. He said he needed it done as soon as possible.”

“It is a total mess, Donna. I can’t believe he even let it get this way.”

“Well, with the two of us we will be able to get it done in no time.” He placed his hand on my shoulder to reassure me. “I thought you had your hair up today?” I cocked his head to the side.