Chapter-20

"Everything has happened only because of me! I should've trusted you....I'm so sorry jaan...but don't worry ab to main tumhe manake hi rahunga by hook or by crook" he thought while drinking black coffee from the cup...suddenly he heard  a knocking sound...

"Kaun hain?" He said going towards the door...

"Teri behen! Open the door" and zeba got inside the room...

"Chal sit...kya hua? Mehendi ki tayyari main issue horahe kya? Main abhi manager uncle ko call karta hoon?"

"Stop...I'm not here to talk about tomorrow's mehendi...I'm here for a very serious matter!" She said holding his hand...now he was worried a bit seeing her serious facial expression...he sat beside her..

"Why? Kisine kuch kaha kya tujhe? Don't hesitate, tell me the name I'll not spare any of them..."

"Calm down...mujhe kuch nahi hua...I'm here to about you not me!"

"Ha? Mere baare main kya baat karni hai tujhe?"

"Chal kya raha hain tum dono k beech?" Now he started sensing which matter she wanted to talk about...

"Kaun dono?"

"Don't act innocent before me at least! Main teri behen hoon..I can understand....what is going on between you and shivangi?"

"Tu pagal hogaye hain...nothing is going between me and her...dekha nahi kaise jhagarte rehte hain mere saath?"

"Oh accha..is it so? Then why did you carry her in your lap in the whole car ride!"

"Huh?"

"Pallavi was sleeping there not me...and I saw the closeness between you too...tum dono jo bhi ho dost to bilkul nahi ho...now tell me the truth!"

"Mujhe neend araha hain! Tu ja yaha se...mujhe sona hain!"          He was trying his 200 percent to divert the matter...

"From when you started hiding things from me? Tu bhul gaya kya, Taha aur meri relation k bare main maine at first tujhe hi bataya tha..and here you!Mumbai rehke itna secretive hogaya!"

"Haa haan, I LOVE HER! Ab emotionally blackmail karna  bandh kar!"       He surrendered knowing that he can't hide this matter  from her now...

"This is what I was wanting to hear! I'm so happy for you bhai!Shivangi  bohot acchi ladki hain....she's the perfect match for  you!"       She hugged him happily...

"Don't be so happy! We have got apart from each other!" He sighed...

"What! But I saw pure love between you too! What had happened?"

"Kahani kuch aisa ki....." And he started telling everything to her, how they met after college, their confession and then their argument and leaving each other...

"Huuuuh....case to bohot complicated hai...she was already upset to leave you and settle in dehradun...and then you doubted her!"

"Main kya karta? Maine jo suna ussi hisaab react kiya tha!"

"Whatever! Pata nahi ab wo tujhe maaf karegi bhi nahi!"

"Don't say like that! Main to usse mana k rahunga!"

"Do you know what are you saying! Bachpan se you never used to say sorry easily! Aur ab bolega tu?"

"Chup reh be! I know an idea jisse main sorry bhi keh paunga aur mujhe uncomfortable feel bhi nahi hoga!"

"As you say!" Zeba didn't bother that much now...she went to sleep then as the next day was a big day for her....

The next day, All the female members of the family  woke up very early....they started grinding the henna leaves in the typical Indian way...shivangi wore a pretty pastel coloured lehenga saree and sat beside zeba....