Get to know Jessica Cunsolo

We interviewed Jessica Cunsolo, author of She's With Meto learn more about her, and what she's working on next. Jessica's book published by Wattpad Books! You can buy your copy wherever books are sold.

Wattpad HQ: Who is your OTP?

Jessica Cunsolo: Warner and Juliette from Tahereh Mafi's "Shatter Me" series. I just think they're perfect for each other and I'm obsessed with their storyline (I can read enemies to lovers stories all day every day).

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite book?

Jessica Cunsolo:I have so many so that's hard to choose. Anytime I want a good book I reach for "Poison Princess" by Kresley Cole. I've lost count of how many times I've read that story.

Wattpad HQ: What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

Jessica Cunsolo: I'm a little late to the party but I just started "The Witcher" and WOW. Once I'm done I'm going to have to re-watch it again because it's just so good! Also 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days. It's addicting and I finally understand the memes all over social media.

Wattpad HQ: What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

Jessica Cunsolo: My notes app. I write everything in that. Grocery lists, inspiring quotes, and most often random scenes that spring into my head for my story. Sometimes I'll be walking my dog and feel inspiration hit so I reach for that app and write something down. Once I even left mid-shower to jot something down in my notes app before the scene slipped from my mind.

Wattpad HQ: Where is your happy place?

Jessica Cunsolo: I don't think I have a specific one, but I feel calmer and happier when I'm outside surrounded by greenery.

Wattpad HQ: Can you describe your perfect writing area?

Jessica Cunsolo: I think my current set up is almost perfect. 3 out of 4 walls are just windows so I don't feel so isolated. The only thing I'm missing is a better chair.

Wattpad HQ: What motivates you to work hard?

Jessica Cunsolo: I always have and always will say that my readers motivate me to continue writing. It's no secret that I face writer's block a lot, most authors do, but I always push through it because my readers are just so amazing and I want them to enjoy the story as much as I do.

Wattpad HQ: What makes you laugh the most?

Jessica Cunsolo: I love watching stand-up comedy. My friends and boyfriend are also really funny. Also, comments on my story are funny sometimes and readers make me laugh.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite animal?

Jessica Cunsolo: Dogs. I love dogs. Any kind of dog. My dog Leo sits on my lap as I write so technically he could be considered my co-author. He's sitting on my lap even as I write this.

Wattpad HQ: What are your hobbies?

Jessica Cunsolo: Other than reading and writing, I like baking and being outside with nature.

Wattpad HQ: How would your friends describe you?

Jessica Cunsolo: I think they'd say I'm loyal; I always have their backs.

Wattpad HQ: What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

Jessica Cunsolo: I stayed in a hotel in New York City's Time Square and I don't remember the name but we went to the top and wow. That elevator was fast.

Wattpad HQ: Is your glass half full or half empty?

Jessica Cunsolo: I like to look at the positive side of life so I'd consider myself a glass half full kind of person.

Wattpad HQ: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Jessica Cunsolo: I think I'm a healthy mix of the two.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Jessica Cunsolo: I don't think I have a specific one, but I love getting together with my grandparents and cousins and zias and zios and eating all the food!

Wattpad HQ: What are your pet peeves?

Jessica Cunsolo: People who walk slowly directly in front of me. I have long legs and I feel like I'm always in a rush so I walk pretty fast.

Wattpad HQ: What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

Jessica Cunsolo: Sitting outside at a cottage surrounded by trees with a book in my hand.

Wattpad HQ: Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

Jessica Cunsolo: I'm currently writing a fun, YA book "Best Vacation Ever," about two best friends, Laura and Faye, who go on vacation to Cuba with Faye's older brother and his friends. They're complete opposites personality wise, with Laura more reserved and Faye a party girl, so the drama and hilarious situations are abundant. It's a lot of fun.