Get to know Elizabeth A. Seibert!

In celebration of Wattpad Books publishing The Bro Code we interviewed the author Elizabeth A. Seibert! You can buy your copy today wherever books are sold.

Wattpad HQ: Who is your OTP?

Lizzie: Definitely Aragorn and Arwen from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. A mortal legend and immortal Elf Princess whose love is tied to the destruction of the ring? They are power couple goals.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite book?

Lizzie: I've always loved The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's one of those books that stays with you.

Wattpad HQ: What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

Lizzie: I have a lot of feelings about Selling Sunset on Netflix and also The Wire on HBO. (The Wire has been around for a while but I've just started watching it.) I really need to know if Davina sells her $75 million house (though tbh I don't want her to) and also how the Baltimore police's investigations turn out.

Wattpad HQ: What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

Lizzie: I think my notes app—It contains everything from my to-do lists, to story ideas, to recipes (I love to experiment with food), and to the best pinterest boards of puppies for when I need an extra cute moment in my day.

Wattpad HQ: Where is your happy place?

Lizzie: During the pandemic it's been the backyard with my cat, Sparkle. (The name makes sense when you meet her.) She's an indoor cat but she likes to go on walk, graze on grass, and nap in the sun. Sometimes do that together. (The napping, not the eating grass.)

Wattpad HQ: Can you describe your perfect writing area?

Lizzie: I prefer to write indoors, anywhere that's kind of dark and cozy and feels like a little hideaway. I also love to be surrounded by books when I write, and it helps when there is a candle flickering nearby and lots of snacks. (Preferable something cheesy or chocolate.)

Wattpad HQ: What motivates you to work hard?

Lizzie: I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I'm always pushing my work to reach the next level. I'm also motivated by my readers, who are always demanding the next story. They definitely push me to write quickly and add twists to every chapter.

Wattpad HQ: What makes you laugh the most?

Lizzie: My friends, they're very self-deprecating and we love to make fun of each other. They give me a lot of good writing material too.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite animal?

Lizzie: Giraffes!

Wattpad HQ: What are your hobbies?

Lizzie: Normally I love to play ultimate frisbee, but since that hasn't been possible during the pandemic I've gotten really into cooking breakfast and the video game Animal Crossing. (If anyone can trade me apples or pears, let me know.)

Wattpad HQ: How would your friends describe you?

Lizzie: I asked my friends this haha and they said "mostly chill, really smart, and kind of a wildcard." Aw.

Wattpad HQ: What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

Lizzie: The Willis Tower in Chicago (1,450-foot, 442.1 m)

Wattpad HQ: Is your glass half full or half empty?

Lizzie: Usually it's half-empty, but I'm good at filling it up again.

Wattpad HQ: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Lizzie: This surprises people because I'm pretty soft-spoken but I'm an introverted extrovert, if that makes sense. I generally prefer to listen to other people than be the center of conversation, but I would rather be around others than by myself.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Lizzie: I'm a triplet, so in my family my/our birthday is kind of a holiday. We always have strawberry shortcake (so we can each have our own cake) and it's so good.

Wattpad HQ: What are your pet peeves?

Lizzie: This is really random but I can't stand eating food straight from it's container (like eating chips out of the bag, or crackers right from the box, or even yogurt from a yogurt cup.) I have to put it on a plate or in a bowl first.

Wattpad HQ: What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

Lizzie: On Saturday, it is to do something active like hiking or kayaking or whatever with my friends, and then on Sunday doing something more chill, (definitely brunch though) and relaxing.

Wattpad HQ: Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

Lizzie: I'm doing two things right now, one is still working on the sequel for No Capes, and the other is a new story. It's a romantic thriller that explores the darker side of fairy tales. I'm very excited to finish it!