9. Don't Be Late

-2nd POV-

By the time it was the morning break, you figured you'd finally walk into your class. You made your way inside and saw a familiar face smile to you, and motioned for you to sit in the empty desk behind him.

"I didn't think you'd show up." He said

"Well, it's nice to see you too Cole." You say passing a half-hearted smile

The door opens and the teacher enters. He makes eye contact with you, taking note of how you weren't here the first period.

"You must be Ms.Y/N. I see you finally decided to show up." He looks at you, then towards the book in his hands. More students started filling the class at this moment.

"Must I remind you that even transfer students don't get special treatment here." You nodded

The door opened and your eyes landed on those who walked in.

'Those three jerks are in my class?' You thought to yourself, as you notice how they all looked over at you and took their seats at the back of the class.

Just when you thought it was over, your eyes widened as Tom walked in.

'This is going to be an eventful school year'

+++

( TIME SKIP - START OF CLASS )

"Okay everyone, please settle down. Today we're going to be reviewing and expanding on our knowledge of pythagorean theorems, and trigonometry." The teacher started explaining, but you completely blocked out everything, lost in your own thoughts.

"Can our lovely class president please come hand these worksheet packets to everyone." He asked.

Your attention then focused on the boy who walked towards the class to grab the papers.

'So this is what he's become. Class president my ass' You internally scoff at the thought of Tom being the class president.

"But before we start," You focused on what the teacher as saying

"Ms. Y/N and the other three boys, Harrison, Ross, Dylan, you were all late today. I'll be giving you a punishment for it." The teacher said

"Awe, come on teach. Y/N is a new student, cut her some slack. She must've gotten lost." Cole said in your defense. But when he said you must've gotten lost, you immediately heard a scoff from behind you. But you didn't dare turn around.

"Sorry, but I'm a man of words Mr. Sprouse. I make no exceptions" Well, at least he tried to help you.

"Your punishment will be to find a job by the end of the day. I'll be checking in with you all tomorrow."

"What's that got to do with our shit at school?" You heard Harrison say

"Well, it's to teach you guys not to come late. You all need to start being responsible." You rolled your eyes

"But, if you fail to do so, I will be phoning your parents or guardians, and I know that for some of you, that isn't an ideal situation to be in." You really didn't care, you knew that your aunt would understand anyways.

"I don't think that would be a wise choice on your part, Chris." Dylan speaks up

The class fell silent. You noticed how the teacher was gritting his teeth, and his fist clenching by his side.

"With the exception of Dylan, you all are punished." He says, his voice wavering

You were confused as to how easily he got out of the punishment. You give a small kick to Cole who was in front of you.

"Dylan and Timothee helped put the school on the map." He says as he pointed to Timothee on his left.

"Timothee here, is also one of the smartest students. He won in model UN least year, and took a bunch AP classes last year too." You nodded

"Dylan's one of the best baseball players, so the principal lets him off the hook all the time. Also, his dad has money"

"I guess money does equal power" You say in return