Everyones Gonna Be Alright

**TRIGGER WARNINGS: MENTAL HEALTH/HARM**

Tony was sitting in his lab on a Monday and was watching as his clock changed to 3:45 am, and his coffee pot finished brewing quietly in the background. He was sitting on his desk with the thousand-yard stare trying not to have a mental breakdown for the 3rd time that week. Paper work was piling up, he wasn't sleeping, he wasn't eating, he couldn't stomach anything at all for that matter because every time he tried to eat or sleep the memories would come flooding back to him and he would feel sick to his stomach. 

His mental health was quickly failing him and he refused to seek help for it, no matter how many times Pepper begged him to get help from a professional. He had quit drinking and slowed down on the partying for his own good, and because Peter and Harley had sat him down and had a talk with him about it after he almost died from alcohol poisoning only months before. 

Tony adored and loved all of his children, biological or not, and he swore he would break the chain of his father. His father never cared about him and was never proud of him, and he never wanted his kids to feel that way. 

Snapping out of his thoughts he looked over to the photo hanging on the wall and began to feel his heart rate increase with happiness. In the photo Harley was standing on the countertop with a spatula in his pajamas, Peter was stuck to the fridge in hello kitty pants, Morgan was sitting at the table covering her mouth with her hands giggling, and Loki was trying to climb on Shuri's shoulders next to the sink. The whole thing was pulled together by Tony and Pepper sitting in the middle of the floor smiling sleepily. Tony knew he had people who adored and loved him, but sadly anxiety, depression, and PTSD don't care how good or bad your life is, they will tear you down at some point. Mental illness can attack anyone and everyone it pleases, it's a disease and it's curable to a point, most people don't understand it or just simply aren't taught how to handle it. 

Tony's depression wasn't as bad as it used to be, but his anxiety just got worse over time, and with every tragic event or world ending threat his PTSD grew larger. Between the first fight against Thanos and the last battle against him, Tony had developed severe nightmares and began having the worst anxiety attacks whenever someone would snap or talk about snapping. He would have nightmares about his friends and family dying again, or about the things and treatments he had to have after surviving his snap. Needless to say, it was hurting him severely bad and he was in a lot of pain. 

His left hand gently touched his right arm that had scars from the severe burns, that was completely discolored in certain areas, and still tender to the touch on his shoulder and wrist. Tony took in a deep breath and closed his eyes, he could feel the burning sensation and the immense pain from the day they defeated Thanos creeping up his arm and into his shoulder. "Sir, I'm sensing you're going to have another attack if you do not try to block it out," Jarvis said as Tony pushed himself off the desk and onto the floor, his breathing wasn't evening out and he was getting light-headed. "J...You're okay, right?" Tony said as he tried to focus on breathing, "Yes sir, I'm okay and I don't plan on going anywhere," Jarvis replied steadily.

Tony rebuilt Jarvis after he recovered enough to be cleared to get back to work, it broke his heart knowing this wasn't completely Jarvis, but he had managed to save most of him from pieces of the obliterated infinity stone. He was glad he could bring him back, he felt like he was reuniting with an old friend when he got him up and running again. 

He got his breathing evened out and managed to pull himself together enough to stand up and look at the clock, "4:26... Jarvis, where did I put those sleeping pills Bruce gave me to help me sleep without having any dreams?" Tony asked his AI while he looked around. The room was silent for a moment before Jarvis spoke, "In the top drawer of your desk in the back of the room sir," Tony muttered a barely audible 'thank you' as he opened the drawer and pulled out the bottle and reading the dosage.