1. I Got News

7:26 pm
Atlanta, GA
Deija

"Okay let me show you guys one more time." I moved to the middle of the dance floor as all the kids circled around me, watching intently. "So when the beat drops, I want you all to move back like this."

I did the move, swaying my arms as I danced. "And then stop, like this with your arm outstretched but you're back leg should be bent not straight. Got it?"

"Got it!" They all yelled as I moved out of the way and they got back in their positions.

"Okay. I don't want to see any straight legs, you hear me?" I narrowed my eyes at them. "From the top, lets make this one perfect guys!"

I signaled for my assistant choreographer, Megan, to play the music. All of sudden the loud beat of 'I Like It' by Cardi B flew out of the speaker, making my little dancers get in position.

"Five, six, seven, eight!"

Oh I need the dollars (I said I like it like that)
Beat it up like piñatas (I said I like it like)
Tell the driver, close the curtains (I said I like it like that)
Bad b**** make him nervous (I said I like it)

The music stopped and all the kids dropped to the floor, their chests heaving up and down.

"Good job guys!" I clapped loudly. "Why y'all look like y'all tired or somethin'?"

"Because we are!" One of my favorites, Asia, said from the floor.

"Oop, excuse me." I said, looking over at Megan who was already laughing.

"I.can't.move." A little boy named Jason spoke, his chest heaving up and down.

I laughed, "Y'all are so dramatic."

"Good job tonight guys! You all can leave." Megan said, making all the little kids jump up from the floor and run for their bags.

"Bye Miss Deija, bye Miss Megan!" They yelled as they ran out of the room.

"I thought they were tired." Megan said, as she walked over to me.

I grabbed my bag from the floor, and swung it over my shoulders. "Girl you know they be lying. They just didn't want to do it again." I laughed.

"They too funny." She laughed as we walked towards the door. Shutting the door to the room shut, we walked through the hallways of the small dance company. "Got any plans tonight?"

"Same as always." I shrugged, pushing through the doors, as we continued to walk through the parking lot. "You?"

"I might hit up this frat party tonight, I don't know." She shrugged.

Megan was a senior in college, who for the last few months had been working with me and the kids.

I nodded. "You should go. Enjoy your college days while you can."

"I feel you." She nodded as she stopped at her car. "See you on Monday?"

"For sure." I smiled. "Hey, get lit tonight. For the both of us."