43. Whatever You Like

10:42 am
Miami, FL
Deija

"One million views?" My eyes damn near jumped out of my head, as I talked to Jas over the phone. "You're fucking kidding."

"I'm dead ass fuckin' serious." Jas chuckled. "Go see for yourself."

Without hesitation, I swiped off of the FaceTime app and tapped on Instagram. As soon as the app loaded, I clicked on the most recent post on my instagram which was a snippet of my song, Breathe, letting all of my followers know the song was officially released on all platforms. My mouth dropped as soon as I saw the number of views the visualizer had now reached.

Over a million views.

I couldn't help the scream that ripped from my throat.

"What happened?" Cam asked worriedly, running out onto the hotel balcony, through the open sliding doors.

I turned around with the biggest smile stretched across my lips, shoving my phone in his face.

His eyes widened when he saw the number. "This yo post?"

"That's my post." I nodded.

"Holy shit, Deij." He grabbed the phone, beginning to scroll. "One million views in a little over a week? That shit's insane."

"Crazy as fuck." I took my phone back, shaking my head in disbelief. "Am I trippin' right now?"

"No you not trippin'. Yo shit is really blowing up." Jas spoke, causing me to remember she was still on the phone. "And that's just instagram. The actual song has over five million streams across all platforms we released it on. Not to mention, COLORS studio wants you to come in to perform the song for their social media platforms and Dahli from Trap Talk, you know Dahli, right?"

"Bitch do I know, Dahli?" I said sarcastically, making Cam chuckle behind me. "I loveeee Trap Talk, that's my shit."

"Well good, because she wants you to come record a podcast episode with her." She said.

Releasing a deep breath from my mouth, I sat down on the chair behind me, struggling to find the words.

"I-" I shook my head. "I don't even know what the fuck to do with myself right now."

"Girl, turn the fuck up! This shit is huge! I ain't ever had a client turn shit around this quick before. You're a fucking legend, Deij." Jas told me, sincerely. "Have yo fun out there in Florida, cause the second yo little ass touch down, we gettin' to work."

"I don't know whether to be excited or scared." I chuckled.

"You should be both. This shit not gone be easy. But I'mma make sure you get everything you been workin' for."

"Thank you, Jas. Seriously. I don't know what the hell I'd be doing without you." I told her, truthfully.

She had no idea just how much she'd turned my life around since I met her. All of this was happening because of her.

"Don't thank me now. In five months, after you sign your first record deal and we on a yacht in Dubai, shakin' our ass, in a thong, then you can thank me."

I laughed as Cam shook his head at his cousin, "Gotchu pooh. Alright, I gotta go, Cam finna leave soon."

"Okay, we'll talk later. And I was serious, you betta' have a fucking time out there." She pointed at me.

"She will, you'on gotta worry about that." Cam winked, popping his head into the camera.

"Nasty ass." She scrunched up her face. "Please send her back with a tan, not pregnant."