Epilogue

Epilogue

30

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has been reading and supporting this twisted little tale. I hope you have enjoyed it, and if you have please do not forget to vote!

Emma is deemed to have acted reasonably and in accordance with department policy. She is hailed a hero. Something Ron has to remind her of after that day. She had saved both himself and the young woman.

Ron had never taken a life before, so he can not even start to fathom what she is going through, although she does not mask it well as she has intended too. Emma fixated on those she hadn't saved, haunted by their ghosts.

Emma had helped to fill in the gaps from what Ron had overheard as he came in and out of consciousness. The details that both Ron and Emma provided to the department psychiatrist and their superiors had closed the case as neatly as possible. Matt McKinnon was diagnosed with schizophrenia, at least that is what the psychiatrist thought to be her best venture at a guess without having been able to complete an actual physical assessment.

That information never made it to the press release. It was thought to be in the best interest to keep it short and concise.

After he was better, his wife had insisted that he invite Emma over for dinner to thank her, she declined. After several times Ron gave up asking, even though he knew his wife's feelings were hurt.

Falling back into routine came after some time, and with it Ron slowly saw some of the spark come back into Emma's eyes. Yet, as things settle out, something tugs at Ron.

Call it curiosity. Call it a need to settle that feeling in the pit of his stomach. Call it having too much time on his hands. Ron begins his research, the internet is such an easy means to reference.

November 9, 1918 - Mexico City - The mutilated body of known prostitute Marie Gonzales was discovered early in the morning by her roommate. Police are releasing little information as to whether it is connected to similar murders occurring in the months leading up to this event.

September 8, 1953 - Soa Paulo - The body has been identified as that of Anne Aldo. She was discovered in a back alley in an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Anyone with information is asked to notify the local authorities.

September 30 1988 - Pattaya - A young Thai prostitute, known as Ellie, has been found eviscerated. Police are still investigating if it is related to the other body found in the district that same day and the three prostitutes discovered earlier that same year.