Chapter 7- It's Unbearable

I woke up, it was night time by the look of the sullen, dark sky that hung above my sad town that I now call Breakaville cause this is where I got my heart broken for the first time ever and I was hoping to never go through it again. I slipped out of bed, surprised my muscles were working and walked over to get my towel for the shower when I noticed my phone’s light was on. I quickly grabbed the towel and walked back over to get my phone which said 5 missed calls and a text message, all calls from Louis as was the text, I rolled my eyes “brothers” I whispered and opened the text

‘Hey Maddy, I guess you weren’t awake when I called the first five times so I have decided to text you. I am at a concert and won’t be home till late, mum left for a date (eye roll/gag) and won’t be back till later either so feel free to get take away or just make your own food. Call if you need anything xoxo Louis’

I giggled at my mother having a date but also frowned, she was like 38 and dating and I couldn’t even keep my first boyfriend for more than a day! Shameful much? I sighed and opened the door; I climbed down and went for the warm, relaxing shower.

I quickly dried my hair as I grabbed the TV remote and turned the TV on and oh joy the celebrity news just happened to be on. I sighed and thought I might as well watch to see if they have said any bad rumours about my brother or friends (excluding Harry) but luck didn’t like me and the news was about Harry, the worst news, the news that ripped me to shreds in a matter of seconds. My mouth dropped with the remote, tears prickles my eyes as I stared at the TV screen, shocked at what I had just seen; Harry was on a date with my mother?!?!?! I couldn’t breathe; lumps were getting harder and harder to swallow as more tears dribbled out of my eyes. I can’t do this anymore, I need relief, even for a second, I can’t stand it.

I switched the TV off and raced upstairs into the bathroom; I ripped open the top draw and saw it shining in the bathroom light, the stainless steel blade screaming at me to use it, to get rid of the pain even for a second, I bit my lip and ripped it from its original place before holding it against my wrists. I took a deep breath in and sliced, quickly and swiftly in a straight line right across my wrist and you know what? It felt good, the pain it gave off was like chocolate in my mouth, I needed more, I sliced and sliced till there was barely any skin left untouched, I was breathing heavy with a smile as I washed the blade and slipped it back into the draw then closed it. I quickly washed my arm, hissing as the water washed the blood off me and down the drain, I quickly undressed and hopped into the shower, for a quick wash over than I would go back downstairs and eat.

I stumbled downstairs, barely being able to keep my eye open, I grabbed onto the counter and opened the fridge beside it were I got out some leftover pizza then got some ice-cream out of the freezer and went back up to my room.

I ate and cried, that is all I could really think of doing right now, snuggling up under my blanket, eating myself till I was the size of a house. Crying was the second nature to me, it was here when I needed it and wanted it but would never leave on command. I finally felt tired enough to sleep again ignoring the pain radiating of my wrists like a BQ would heat before finally falling asleep.

I woke up to sobbing; I fluttered my eyes open to see Lucy crying next to me,

“Lucy?” I croaked, she looked up at me and jumped into my arms still bawling her eyes out but now into my PJ’s.

“I was so scared you weren’t going to wake up because of how bad they are” I looked at her with a face saying ‘what are you talking about?’ she just cried and blubbed more,

“Why did you do it? Why did you go for that and not to talk to me or Louis?” I saw her gaze burning into my stinging wrist and finally got what she was talking about but stayed silent; she wouldn’t understand, she thinks you’re a freak now, she’ll tell Louis and he’ll send you to a mental home.