Chapter 13- Lies, Lies from Paparazzi's Eyes

I woke up with the worst headache, not to mention my eyes really puffy and red from crying myself to sleep last night. I groaned and slipped out of bed, I walked over to the door and opened it lazily , walking down the cold metal legs till I found the arm carpet floor from which I walked down it and found the bathroom, I walked in and slammed the door, letting everyone know I was in the shower.

After chucking a simple black no-sleeved short dress which bottom half puffed out like a Puffer fish, I added a simple black ¼ black cardigan and slip on black ballet flats lying around my wardrobe. I applied some foundation (heavier use of it on my eyes to get rid of the redness), a thin line of black eyeliner, some mascara and a little bit of bubble gum tasting lip gloss.

I grabbed my school bag from beside my desk, threw the shoulder strap over my shoulder and opened the door, here I come cruel world.

I walked into the kitchen just in time to see Harry walk out of the living room, shirtless, boxers on, sleepy-looking face, curls messed up oh my god! Why is he doing this to me? Suddenly he yawned, stretching and walking straight passed me, not even acknowledging my existence, and went straight for the fridge.

He closed the fridge as he got food but froze as he noticed me standing alone in the kitchen, he was about to say something when my mother walked in, I looked away and headed for the cardboard to get a quick snack on the go for breakfast.

“Morning darling, morning Harry” I grabbed a rice bubbles muesli bar, I shut the door and turned just in time to see my mum kiss Harry’s lips, the lips I kissed last night. I flinched as if someone had pricked me with a needle, seeing my mother kiss him, it hurts a little.

“Yo Maddy! If you want a life you better come now else you can walk your lazy ass all 5 miles to school!” I heard Louis shout, hearing his keys jiggle as he grabbed them then the door close as he left.

“Bye” I mumbled, leaving my mother and her ‘boyfriend’ alone, I walked out of the house in a not so great mood. I mumbled a goodbye o Louis as he parked outside my high school, I watched as his car disappeared into the horizon then walked off towards my locker.

“Hey Maddy!” I saw my friends’ wave and smile at me from our lockers, I have them half a wave and a weak smile.

“Hey guys”

“What’s up buttercup?” Nicole asked as I opened my locker, shoving my bag inside before unzipping it and taking out my math books and pencil case.

“Harry kissed me last night” I said, getting straight to the point, they both gasped and looked at each other with wider eyeballs than cartoons.

“What? Why? When?” Lucy questioned me as we walked down the halls, I sighed before answering her questions,

“Yeah, he came up to ask me if I wanted dinner and it ended in him kissing me. I have no idea why, he made a big speech about how he loves me, how I deserve someone better than him, how he never should have hurt a beautiful girl like me and stuff then BAM he laid it on me.” Both girls continued to look at me with disbelief; I know I couldn’t believe it either.

“Wait so let me get this straight, he loves you but he is dating your mum, did he even love her? Or was she his rebound after you? If she was I swear to god I’ll” Nicole was cut off by the bell, I sighed, gripping the books close to my chest.

“Bye guys” they hugged me goodbye and walked off to their first class, I slowly walked off to maths, running over the scene over and over in my head, trying to understand it.

We ended up talking about the situation with me and Harry through BOTH lunch times, so I wasn’t allowed to forget if for a second. I left the school alone, Lucy and Nicole had to stay behind to finish off their Biology assessment.