Chapter 16- All is Well, Ends Well

We pulled into my mother’s driveway, Harry cut the engine and everything went silent. I looked out at my house, lit up by the street lights, illuminating my mother’s figure as she paced in front of the window.

“Are you sure?” Harry whispered, grabbing my hand and started to rub my palm in circles, it seemed to calm my nerves a little.

“I have to Harry, I love you and want to be with you and if she doesn’t understand or care for my feelings then she has to go” I said, taking in a giant breath before letting Harry’s hand go and opened the door. I stepped out, the night was still as was the wind, nothing made a sound as if they were scared to. I shut the door just as Harry stepped out and slammed his door closed to, I looked up at the house once more and started to walk towards it slowly, Harry gliding up to me and grabbed my hand again.

I was outside the door by now, just standing there, debating whether I should chicken out or not when the door opened and my mother’s face came into view. I let go of Harry’s hand quickly and stepped inside before she had time to say anything.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, closing the door behind Harry,

“You know very well what I am doing here, mother” I said in a harsh tone, turning to face her.

“Oh so what’s it going to be?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at me, I sighed, not wanting to do this with every ounce of my being but it had to be done, it was her fault I had to do this.

“You left me no choice, no matter how much I love you as my mother, you had no right to choose who I can and cannot date, and you have no right to control my feelings.  You have love and nurtured me since I was smaller than a peanut, you have given me everything you could and taught me rights and wrongs and precious lessons that I will remember forever. I love you but my love has drawn the line here, I love Harry mum and if you don’t accept it then fine, I’ll leave and never come back, you will never had to speak to me again. I hope your happy” my mother was left gobsmacked and angry that I chose Harry over her, she stood in front of me, not moving and not speaking. I sighed and turned around, Harry gave  me a pained look and grabbed my hand once again,

“Let’s get your stuff” he whispered into my ear, I nodded slowly and started to walk up that stairs with Harry. I pulled my door down for the last time, I let go of Harry’s hand and climbed the ladder slowly, this would be the last time I see my room. I grabbed all my bags from my wardrobe and chucked them on the bed,

“Could you put all my shirts in that bag?” I asked Harry as he stepped up from the ladder, he nodded and walked over to my closer grabbing a bunch of clothes and neatly put them in a bag. It took half an hour but we finally packed all my things in 5 small bags and 7 big bags, Harry started taking them down with me, we walked past my mother and she slumped on the couch and sulked like a little girl, it’s her fault so I don’t feel sorry for her.

I finally grabbed the last bag, harry was waiting for me in the car, I walked down the ladder for the last time. I jumped off ladder and pushed it up, watching as it retracted and closed with a thud. I sighed and walked down the stairs, passing my mother in the lounge room once again,

“I’ll be getting people to come and get my other stuff, goodbye mum” a tear slid down my cheek as I turned and left my house, never to return.

The carn ride was silent except for the sound of the heater/air conditioning and Give Me love by Ed Sheeran playing through the speakers, I called Louis and told him everything, baling my eyes out at the end. I told him I would be going to Harry’s and staying at his flat and if he could bring my bag over from Niall’s.

We reached Harry’s flat in no time, I hopped out of the car and walked around the back to find Harry opening the boot and grabbing some of my bags. I silently helped him, grabbing as many bags as I could; I walked with him to the elevator.