56

He had barely registered what Mr. Orange hair said, when several paper kunais were thrown his way.
It wasn't very effective as even though he wasn't focused, his instincts were enough to guide him.
He noted that the lady hadn't even moved from her spot, and seemed to use paper infused with chakra. He saw a small purple flower on her head that had a delicate appearance.

Well, if she used paper, she'd probably run out of it soon.

So without exerting a lot of energy, Naruto swiftly continued dodging.

He would've continued, but saw one of the small butterflies which were lit and decided to extinguish it. It was small, but the light in the cave dimmed by a lot. So with another small wind attack he extinguished all the flames.
Without light she shouldn't be able to aim at him, and he was very good at sensing chakra so, he should technically have an upper hand.

But since he didn't know his enemy's strength or weaknesses he couldn't be sure.
The steady stream of paper kunais didn't pause and continued to come at him, and when he had finally decided a direction to strike in, several more kunais whooshed at him from begind. He couldn't see, but he could sense the small layer of chakra that coated each meticulously folded kunai.
And he sensed a sudden increase. Alarmed, he pulled out his katana from his scroll and slashed down in a curve, twisting his body. With that he released a huge amount of wind chakra and blew away the kunais.

They stopped. He swept his gaze over the dark cave, trying to locate the lady. From the way the Orange hair guy spoke earlier, it seemed that she wouldn't attack him physically. She would only defend, and Naruto had to charge.

He suddenly sensed her chakra and whipped in that direction, but just then several more appeared, appearing to surround him. He wasn't worried about being attacked. In fact that would be easier to handle.

He huffed out an exasperated breath. This was annoying. He wasn't used to playing hide and seek with his enemies and drag out battles. He always preferred a quick and violent end.

But this lady sure took her time. And also didn't seem to be running out of paper.
That was more concerning.

Finally he dropped his hand and the tip of his katana clanked with the stine ground. He sensed Deidara and Tobi's chakra perk up, ad if they were thinking  that he had given up.
Naruto scoffed. As if.

He made a hand sign and with loud poofs, several of his clones appeared, each with their own katanas.

They nodded to the real one and dashed to the figures surrounding him. With one slash they had easily exterminated all the paper clones.

So that meant that she wasn't even in the circle. Then where did she go?
He dispersed his clones and yawned.
Fine.
If she was going to drag it then he wasn't going to run after her.
Let her come to him.
He sat down heavily where he stood and leaned on his katana, gently stroking his finger along its sharp blade.

After a few moments, the voice of the Orange hair guy sounded, "Did you give up already?"

Naruto pouted in thought, "Nah. More like it seems she ran away." He said.

The other man seemed to breath out heavily, "Can you not find her even in such a small place? Don't you have any skills regarding this?"
He would've said more if Naruto hadn't interrupted,"If I wanted I could fill up this whole cave to drag her out, it's just that I won't waste my time and energy doing that."

Well, that might have sounded a bit too arrogant, considering how suddenly a chakra appeared above him.
He suddenly faltered. He didn't expect her to leave and appear so suddenly, but it didn't matter.