55

Another day, another forest.

Naruto was getting tired of this. He hadn't joined The Akatsuki to roam around forests.

You know you're not yet a part of Akatsuki right?

Shut up.

I have not spoken for a whole month you heartless jerk.

Really? I never noticed.

That's because you were so busy socialising with Mr. Orange mask.

Well he is fun to talk to...

Don't you think he's a bit fishy?

What? Why would you say that?

Nevermind.

Naruto tried to make Kurama explain but Kurama never responded. He then decided to forget it. The old fox must be seeking attention anyways.
But he did keep a close eye on Tobi from then on.

But then, he reched the conclusion that Kurama was spouting bullshit. There was absolutely nothing strange about Tobi. He was as stupid as Sakura. Wait, maybe a bit less. He scoffed as he thought.

Deidara was sitting under a tree, beside Tobi, their hands woven in a sign.

Naruto, with his raised brows and pouty lips, waled over to them and shook his hands in front of their faces. No response.
They must've entered the meeting or whatever.

Naruto was very interested in knowing the jutsu behind this, but he doubted anyone would tell him.

So he chose his own tree not far from them and sat down. He rested a leg on his bent knee and folded his hands behind his head, going off to sleep.

--------
Several forms flickered in a cave, with their wavering forms and glitching.

The man in the centre had purple eyes and was the leader.

"So what's todays agenda?" A cocky voice spoke up. Deidara groaned mentally, Hidan.

"What is Orochimaru up to?" The leader spoke to a man with red eyes, and ignored Hidan completely.

The man's eyes were not only red but also had small black comma shapes. It was undoubtedly the Sharingan. The Visual Prowess that fascinated Deidara belonged to none other than Itachi Uchiha, a rogue from Konoha.

Hidan huffed but said nothing, and Itachi replied solemnly, "We are still looking."

The leader nodded, and turned to Deidara. Deidara took this opportunity and spoke up, "There's this kid who wants to join."

All members seemed to widen their eyes in shock, except the leader and his partner, and Hidan. Hidan straight up gasped, "HAAAHH??"

Deidara rolled his eyes, "Yeah-"

The leader cut him in between, "We recruit members ourselves. "
He spoke only one line but he was clear, we look for people, people aren't supposed to look for us.

Deidara agreed, but he had to tell the leader that Naruto was actually quite capable. He opened his mouth to speak, but realised that proclaiming his defeat in front of other members, was maybe not the brightest idea.
"Uh...." Deidara, trailed off awkwardly.
Seeing his senpai in distress, Tobi seized the opportunity to help him.

"YES YES! That kid is exceptionally talented!! He even defeated Deidara!! Isn't that right!! He is very strong!!" Tobi proclaimed.