15

Kars delivers another blow to Lisa Lisa, successfully knocking her out. He pulls out the necklace from her and lifts it to the sky. "The Red Stone is mine!"

You grit your teeth, glaring up at the enemy.

"Now all that's left is for all of you to kill that annoying JoJo!"

"I won't let you!" You exclaim, running over to the Brit. Watching his back, the two of you get to work on slowly hacking down the number of vampires.

One of them approaches you with its fangs bared, but you quickly send a Hamon kick his way.

"Lord Kars! What shall we do with the woman?!" One shouts as you quickly deplete their forces.

"Do whatever it takes to apprehend her!" The Pillar Man orders from above.

More begin charging at you, so you whip out your yo-yo and get swinging. The weapon wraps around two, but before you charge it up with Hamon, you swing the vampires around in a circle, crashing them into the surrounding creatures as they begin to disintegrate. Reeling it back, you glance over your shoulder to see that Joseph is running out of breath, and that his Hamon is weakening. You clench your jaw.

"Go, JoJo! I can handle this!"

"What?!" He yells in retaliation before running at another vampire, "Like hell I'd do that!" 

You throw your yo-yo to one of your many opponents, crushing its head with the end. As it swings back to you, it hits multiple others, taking them down as well.

"You look worn out." Kars comments about Joseph, "Your breathing is ragged and your Hamon is weak. And you're all that's left of the Hamon users Lisa Lisa trained. Will you last? Will you last, JoJo? Will you last?" He drags out the last sentence.

A vampire tugs on your hair from behind, causing you to yelp. Wincing, you elbow him in the stomach to loosen his grip before turning around and punching him in the face with the yo-yo in hand. Backing off, you duck down to dodge a punch from another and swiped them off of their feet, stomping on top of their head. 

You swing your yo-yo around, using your hands to bend the string so that it forms a barrier surrounding you. "What do you think of my yo-yo? It's a special order I made from the Speedwagon Foundation. It weighs around 50 kilograms, so even without Hamon, it packs quite the punch!" Keeping the force going, you let the yo-yo pass your hand, its thread decapitating many of the vampires that stand before you. 

Just then, a bright light shines upon the area, causing your enemies to screech in pain as they die off. Everyone turns to look at the source. 

"Listen up, vampires!" A certain German soldier announces, "You're up against von Stroheim and the German elite!"

"And we're the Speedwagon Foundation Special Forces!"

You let out an inaudible gasp. 

"JoJo! (y/n)!" Your boss calls out to you two.

"JoJo!" A younger boy with dark skin pumps a fist.

Stroheim chuckles, opening his coat. "My right leg is a bit stiff... But my body has been repaired! Now taste our anti-vampire weaponry! Ultraviolet lasers!"

Two giant lamps emerge from his shoulders before shining a bright light, illuminating the battlefield. The others soon follow this act, running up to their own vampire and taking them on with the artificial sunlight. 

As you watch the scene unfold, you notice the 19-year-old scurry off. "JoJo? Where are you-!"

Several arms wrap around you from behind, a pair of hands tightening around your neck while another cover your mouth and nose. 

They've covered my airways! I can't use Hamon!

You struggle to fight them off as they pile up on top of you in an attempt to overwhelm you with their weight. "Damn it...! Let go already!" Reaching an arm out, you try to find something, anything to grab onto and pull you out. More arms grab you, keeping your limbs together and granting you immobile until you were completely encased in their grasp. 

Speedwagon watches as Stroheim and his team do their best to fend off the vampires. "They need more time."

"What about the lady from earlier?" Smokey questions worriedly as he continues spectating the fight between JoJo and Kars.

"You're right! (Y/n)!" He turns to search for her, only to find a big bundle of Kars' henchmen. "Sh-She's completely swarmed! What do we do?! Stroheim!"

"I'm already trying my best here!"

The enemy's attacks seem to never stop, as their hands relentlessly grab you everywhere, the pressure from all the vampires building up.

"Give up already!"

"Become one of us!"

"You'll get to spend eternal life with Lord Kars!" One brings up a Stone Mask.

No... Stop it! Get your hands off!

"Don't touch me!"

Sharp branches sprout from beneath you, lifting your opponents off and piercing many of them. The mask also gets thrown a little ways away from you. Gasping for air, you slowly look up with wide eyes, surveying the area before landing on JoJo and Lisa Lisa, who are hanging on a rope held up by Kars. Before you could get to them, though, you knew you needed to lighten the burden for the others first.

Swallowing in preparation, you place your hands on the ground. "Watch out!" You warn as more plants grow in the barren area, raising most of the vampires up or wrapping around them, skewering a good amount as well. You made sure to not have any of of them harm the humans, but you gave out a warning just in case.

"Hamon Overdrive!"

Joseph punched Kars' blade, breaking not only the weapon, but his arm. You look up and let out a relieved breath as the purple-haired man falls to his doom, getting stabbed by the crystals he lands on.

"Look! Kars fell into the crystal spikes!" The German gathers his soldiers and points before cackling. "He's finished! See? Hamon will travel up his arm! You're weak! You're time is up! Even we could finish you now!"

They all cheer, when suddenly, said vampire is launched up into the air and slams a couple meters from you. You stare at his body with wide eyes, scooting back a bit before finally standing. 

Stroheim lets out a shiver. "He's trying to spook us. All right! Let's eliminate him for good! Bring out the UV amplifier!"

"Yes, sir!"

Glancing at JoJo carrying his coach to safety, you close your eyes and sigh, opening them back up to the night sky. Looking downwards, you watch as a large machine is brought up before Kars.

"Colonel! We're ready to fire!"

"Right! Aim it right at him!" Stroheim orders, "We will have the honor of executing Kars!"

Averting your gaze to the fallen Pillar Man, your brows furrow. Why does it feel like you're forgetting something?

And then, it clicked. The mask.

The place Kars had landed is the same place the Stone Mask was thrown to.

"Prepare to die, Kars! I can't tell you how good it feels to order this myself!"

"Wait! Hold fire!" You yell.

As the UV amplifier shoots out its light, Kars faces the machinery, revealing the mask with the Red Stone inserted into it. You run over in an attempt to at least block the light from reaching the Stone, but you're too late. Right as the shadow of your fingertips was about to touch the crimson mineral, the transformation began.