4

The three of you sat in the hotel, waiting for what seemed like an eternity. And for what, you still had yet to figure out.

Caesar walked into the room, having changed from his more formal attire, and dramatically jumped into the air to sit down.

Eyeing the young man weirdly, you shook your head and returned to reading, having already changed to an outfit more suited for combat. You could see Joseph clearly glaring at him from the corner of your eye before going back to reading.

Some silent moments passed.

"What are you up to, JoJo? Deal the cards normally." The Italian spoke.

"What do you mean?"

A sudden slam is heard.

"I told you to deal normally! No tricks!"

Your eyes trailed upwards to see what was going on beyond your book.

Caesar aggressively grabbed Joseph's wrist and was now shaking it, revealing cards the brunette hid up his sleeve.

"Wh-Whoa-oa!" JoJo exclaimed, "Oh no! I've been caught!"

"Well, you can't beat me without resorting to sly gimmicks like that." The blond stated, leaning back into his seat.

"So what's this mirror on your shoe for, eh?" He questioned, reaching down and pulling Caesar's foot over the table.

"You want a piece of me?!"

"Bring it, rube!"

"Caesar!" Speedwagon yelled, causing the two of them to suddenly halt. "It's been eight hours. What are you waiting for?"

The said Italian then glanced to the clock.

"What am I waiting for? Here's your answer!" He exclaimed, leading us to a window. Outside was a car, in it, a man with a familiar green uniform.

You flinched.

"What's this?! A German soldier!" Joseph pointed out before the man looked up at us with a smile and did an "ok" sign.

"It looks like we're clear." Caesar said.

You, Joseph, and Speedwagon let out a confused sound.

"The Germans guard the Pillar Men. He'll get us in to see them."

"You're serious?!" JoJo exclaimed.

"Well, if that's the case," you started, turning around and heading toward the door, "Let's get going."

Your lot exited the hotel and climbed into the car, with you being squeezed into the middle seat between Joseph and Speedwagon for being the smallest.

"Germany and Italy have an alliance! And the Germans want to do scientific research on my Hamon!" The blond added at the end.

"Oh, well aren't you special." You mumbled under your breath.

You didn't mind Caesar at first, but his cocky attitude is really getting on to your nerves.

"You can thank my painstaking efforts for that, JoJo." He said, reaching behind and ruffling his hair.

A short laugh came out of your mouth as you see JoJo's annoyed expression before quickly facing away from the two.

"Mr. Speedwagon, we have many questions. Let's work together to stop them before they wake." The German soldier spoke.

At least he acts decent.

Joseph fixed up his hair, though you never really understood why since he already walks around with a bad case of bed hair.

"Hey, Mark. How is your girlfriend back at home?" Caesar asked, looking at a picture of a girl inside a locket.