I'm Not Lying

Arcelia's pov

After spending the whole day with the boys, I decided that the movies would be the last place we could go to. Standing in line, we waited for our turn to buy tickets. "Boys, what do you want to watch?" I asked as I pulled them a bit closer so I wouldn't lose them in the crowd of people.

"Cars!!!" Ashton and Axle both exclaimed. "What about you Al?" I asked the little boy in my arms. "WALL-E" he whispered into my shoulder. "That movie isn't in the theaters right now baby, how about we watch it tomorrow or some other time?" He just nodded his head and sunk further into my arms.

It was now our turn in line and I bought the tickets, also food cause who doesn't love food.

After the movie ended, I ended up driving home in silence other than the loud snores coming from the boys' mouths. I never knew that loud of a sound could come from someone so small.

Once we arrived home I sleepily put the boys to bed and went to bed myself.

I woke up to a soft rumbling sound that came from downstairs. I rapidly hopped out of bed and went to check on the boys. I looked in their rooms to see them still see them sleeping peacefully. I turned my head towards the kitchen when I heard it again.

I ran to my room and grabbed the knife that I keep under my bed. I held it tightly as I walked down the stairs slowly, still hearing shuffling.

I turned the corner with my knife out as I came to face someone the one person I was kinda least expecting. What was he doing here?

"Woah, Woah, it's just me calm down." he held his hands up in surrender. "Blake, what the hell are you doing here? How did you get into my house!?" I lowered my knife and relaxed a little. "I just came to ask you something." I let out a sigh of relief. "What?"

He came closer and grabbed my hands with his. "So about the other day, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable or mad. So I was going to ask you today if you still wanted to go out to eat with me?" He finished off in one breath.

"I would Blake but it's Anna's day off and-", "I can pay her double for taking care of them today, I just want it to be me and you." he cut me off looking down into my eyes with his head tilted slightly.

That look made me want to give in. And of course, me being me, I did.

I simply let out a sigh while nodding my head. His face immediately lit up with a breathtaking smile. I'm glad I could make him happy. "Thank you so much." he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I had to admit, right now I felt good. Safe. It was a warm and comforting embrace. I pulled away first and looked at him. "Time? Place?" I raised an eyebrow. "7:30 at Luciano's but I'll pick you up." his gaze never left mine. "Okay" I backed away some, indicating that he should probably leave to get ready.

He stepped closer to me as I did that. I was about to step back again until he held my waist in a gentle but firm way. He started to lean in and my heart started beating faster as our eyes never left each other.

Just as I thought he was going to kiss me, he turned his head to the side and kissed my cheek, letting his lips linger. We were both frozen and stayed there for what felt like hours. I felt his warm breath blow against my cheek and took this as a moment to back away.

But further this time. "Um, you should probably go." I lowered my head, afraid to look into his eyes. "Y-yeah I should go and get ready for later. See you later Lia." I am so confused as to what just happened. "Bye" I spoke quietly as he walked out of the door. 

What was that?

~~~~~~

I was just finishing getting dressed once I heard a knock at the door. I looked in the mirror one last time, taking in my army green dress that flowed just below my knees into a knot. I finished putting on my nude lipstick and hurried to get the door. 

Opening the door and revealing Blake in  casual clothes was the last thing I would expect. I've never really seen him in anything else but fitting suits and his uniform. "You look great." we both said at the same time. Burst of laughter came out of both of our mouths. 

"Let's get going." he grabbed my hand and led me out to his car. Turns out it was the newest range rover. I must be going broke. "New car I see." I remembered when he had his dark red honda. So many times sneaking out and going to the mall with that car. 

He opened the car door for me and got in himself. He started driving toward the restaurant, still holding the conversation with me.

"I guess it's new car new me. After I left the job Leo had gave me, I decided to move on with life and find a new job and new lifestyle." My faced dropped slightly at the saddening feeling that came within me when Leo's name was mentioned.

"But no more talking about him. At all. It's just me and you tonight. No one else." His words quickly lightened the air artound us and instantly made me feel better.

"You do so much for me Blake. I feel I'm not as special as you make me. I feel as if you give me more than I deserve." He's just too perfect. "Believe me Lia, whatever I do for you, you definitely deserve it. You deserve every good that comes your way." 

His words are very convincing but I know for a fact that it's not true. I get too many good things and I know that I don't need them. And I hate the fact that I can't just seem to get my life straight. 

I stayed in my thoughts for the rest of the drive. Once we arrived, Blake came to my side and opened the door, offering his hand to me. Taking his hand, he then leads me to the reservation counter. "Reservations for.." I zoned out as I saw the person I never wanted to see again walking in our direction. I felt a gentle tug on my hand and turned to look at Blake. I hurried and followed him before Leo and I made eye contact. 

Just before I went past the counter, our eyes locked and I quickly looked away. Me and Blake followed the waitress to a two seater in the back of the restaurant. We both ordered and I couldn't stop thinking about Leo. 

I have this pit in my stomach now and I hate that feeling. "Lia!" I came back out of my thoughts as Blake shouted my name. "Yeah?" 

"What happened back there until now?" I looked down at the pretty cloth on the table. "Nothing, I was just thinking about something." The waitress came back with our food and sat the plates in front of us. But I'm not really hungry anymore. 

I picked up my fork and ate a small bite of my pasta. I immediately regretted it after I started feeling sick with just that one bite. "Lia, I saw you look at something or someone and you've bee zoning out since then. Please just tell me what's wrong." 

"Blake there's nothing wrong, I promise." And that's when I felt it. His eyes burning a hole through my back. I sat in the feeling of him practically pleading for me to look at him. I knew I would regret it as soon as I did it. But I still had the urge to look into his eyes. 

"You're lying Arcelia." He raised his voice, almost alerting the people around us. "I'm not lying!" I yelled, pretty sure everyone is looking at us now. I stood up out of my chair ready to leave this place.

I turned around only to be faced with those eyes. Our close proximity forced me to put my hands out onto his chest. "Leo." I whispered out.

"A"

The longer I stared into his eyes, the more I forgot about what he did to me. The more I forgave him. The more I realized that I loved him. 

SORRY GUYS THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE. I WAS STUCK ON WHAT TO WRITE AND I HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH THE BOOK. BUT AS I WENT ON, I FOUND IDEAS THAT HOPEFULLY YOU WILL LIKE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. 

P.S. THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER COMING SOON. 

I HOPE YOU DAY HAS BEEN WELL AND I HOPE IT GOES WELL. LOVE YOUU ;)