Come Closer

•Steven's POV•

I knock on the door, taking a step back and pulling my phone from my pocket as it starts to vibrate.

A text from Harrison pops up on the screen.

-'Gotta head back to NY. Are you good? Need me to stay?'- H

I hope he's going back to New York to figure things out with his parents. But that's very unlikely. Knowing him he's probably only going back to get under one of his regular hookups.

-'I'm good. I'm heading back up there in 3 days.'- S

I put my phone back in my pocket and a few moments later the door opens.

''That's not the face you make when you're happy to see someone,'' I say cheerfully, a smile on my lips as I look at Damien.

I can tell he's shocked to see me. He probably thought I'd be on a plane right now heading back to New York after the conversation we had yesterday, but by now he should know how stubborn I am.

And I told him, I warned him that I'm not going to play fair. I'm selfish and I'm not ashamed. And I'm honest about it.

His cerulean eyes are drowning in confusion, his smooth rose pink lips pulled together tightly as he struggles for a response.

I smile, graciously stepping past him and into his house. He closes the door and turns to look at me, apparently finally remembering how words work.

''What're you doing here?'' He asks, confusion hanging on his tone. His brow is raised at me inquisitively and he stares seriously.

I shrug.

I'm where I want to be at.

''You said we'd hangout, I'm here to hangout,'' I reply casually.

''Steven—''

''Damien chill, I'm not going to make any moves on you or anything. You said you trust me, right? So just chill and show me around your house or something. I only came here to hang with you,'' I inform him.

Despite my half true, yet very convincing words I still see skepticism in his bright eyes and honestly, I probably deserve it because I sure as hell didn't come here to be on my best behavior.

I came here to flirt, and maybe, hopefully, make out a little bit.

Emphasis on the word make out.

An act which requires participation from both parties involved.

So yeah, other than that my intentions are pure.

''Okay,'' He says at last, walking ahead of me. I follow behind him. ''Are you hungry? I can make you something.'' He offers.

We enter the kitchen and I take a seat in one of the chairs beside the outer counter.