[21] 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

Ken pulled his jewel studded knife as his bangs covered his eyes. He could still hear her cries, his screams and their last smiles and words. Rage fill them.

Rue and Ken looked at each other and said their oath softly. The oath that four of them made and the oath that the two of them would carry out.

Even if we burn to ashes. Even if we die, those of us who survive shall live for the ones who have perished. In the end of our time together on this planet, let us meet again. In another time, in another world.

We may die but our souls are connected. For our bond is stitched by the red thread of fate. We shall all return to each other one day. Let us meet again in the near future where we escape this tragedy.

Remembering their oath they looked at the moon and closed their eyes. Their grip on their weapons tightened as a gust of wind blew clashing against them.

With a nod, the two of them jumped.

||♪||

A shiver went down his spine as he sharply turned around. Sharp nails dripping blood and his crystal blue eyes narrowing. It seemed that he was not the only one who had felt that.

"Is something wrong?" A question was asked by the pirates that he had been fighting alongside.

"No, it's nothing." Hakuryuu dismissed the notion yet his eyes were looking around.

"Ki-Ja." The Seiryuu came to stand by the Hakuryuu, his clothes neat and clean, "I felt something."

"I did too." Ki-Ja nodded

"It wasn't Yona." Shin-Ah quietly added as they stood back to back.

"Then, it must be Rue-san."

||♪||

Rue landed on the boat where Kumji was sitting at. His eyes widened when he saw her as he instantly stood up. There was fear in his eyes when he saw her appear.

The boatman was terrified at the sudden appearance of the woman as he ceased his rowing.

"Y-You? How are you alive?" He breathed out.

"Surprised?" She mockery, head tilted, "Surprised that the girl whom you thought was dead is standing in front of you so alive?"

Her voice was mocking as she smiled. The man felt a shiver down his spine. How terrifying. He had never seen eyes so full of anger. Was this what it meant to be afraid? Was he going to die?

"I would suggest you to leave the boat and return to shore," She glances at the person who was at the rows, "Unless, you want to become a sacrifice?" She smiled, baring her teeth.

"Y-Yes!"

"You are supposed to be dead. Why are you still alive?" He growled.

"Why? Shall I remind you that you did something to me? To my friends. To my life. You ruined everything." Rue tilted her head, "I mean, I know you have the memory of a koi fish, but really, are you an idiot?"

"Shut up! I do what I needed to do in order to save my money, my power!"

"Money. Power. Empire. I am getting really tired of these words. It's really pissing me off. Seeing you alive." She said as she drew her sword, pointing it at him. "You know right? You'll die if I wound deep enough with this."