Dangerous Weather

(Zetzu)

 I was freezing. The cold shivers rolled threw me violently, somehow managing to pull me from the thick sleep I was in. There was the soft warmth of something over me, and another body next to me. The only two sources of heat I could feel.

 Opening my eyes I fought myself to stay awake as I looked up, searching for the reason I was so cold. My eyes took in the blankets draped over me giving off one faint flow of warmth, the heating blanket was still working. I shouldn't be this cold with it on even if it wasn't touching me I was in a tent of blankets, it should be warm. A freezing draft of air slither its way across my body earning another violent shiver.

 Rolling onto my back I looked on the other side of the room, the opening in the blanket fort allowed me to find the reason I was looking for.

 I had forgotten to close my window and it was snowing outside. Closing my eyes I took note of how hard I was finding it to breath, my heart beat felt sluggish. The way it dragged out made it seem like it had an echo. There was one other time I remember feeling this cold, I was little. 13 years old at the time and dad was sick. I had tried to sneak into town to find something to keep him warm, what we had wasn't enough to keep us both warm. Of course it was in the middle of a storm, and I ignored it going out anyway. The water that pelted me was ice cold and my aunt came looking for me. I was grounded for a month afterward.

 My attention was grabbed when I felt the body next to me shift. Vince was curled up in a ball only a few inches from me. If he was cold as well then the temperature must be hitting my danger level. I had to wake him up.

 Moving my hand slowly I grabbed his shirt and tugged on it. I could feel the heat in his body and it made me want to wrap around him.

 He made a low groaning noise, "Zetzu stop..." My eyes drooped down and I tried to tug at his shirt again, unable to make my vocal cords work. Vince grabbed my hand to push it away but he grunted, "God you're cold." My eyes flicked to his face as his entire body tensed up, his eyes snapped open "You're cold. You're not suppose to be cold."

 Letting my hand drop to the flood again I watched him sit up in a flash and lean over me, his hands touched my neck "Shit you're freezing!"

 I closed my eyes again only to have him force them open again, "No. Stay awake until I can get you warm." He looked up and bit his lip nervously, I could see he was thinking about what to do. The panicked look on his face made it clear he wasn't thinking straight enough to find an answer.

 Shifting my heavy body I managed to lift my tail and use it to turn his head toward the window. If I wasn't half frozen stiff I would have laughed as he tried to stand and the blankets all came drifting down on us. Vince let out a noise and crawled over me quickly slamming the window shut, his eyes turned back to me and then to what was left of my bed.

 My eyes closed again as Vince tripped over himself piling blankets back onto my nest, "Hey! I said stay awake. I don't know if your body will shut down or if you'll go into hibernation or something."

 Moving my body again I rolled onto my stomach and struggled to push myself up, every muscle felt stiff. Locked in place and weighing so much more than they really did. Huffing I gave up and slumped on the floor again watching as Vince ran into the bathroom. I heard the towel drawers open and the water in my tub turn on. He ran back out mumbling about hot water soaked towels as he checked to make sure the blankets making up my bed were turned on.

 The door to the room opened and Tate walked in, pausing to take in the number of chairs in the room. Throwing me a look he cleared his throat, "Its freezing in here....Should I get Mrs. Roxe? If he gets too cold he'll die."