Snakes and stuff

***(Zetzu's POV)***

 I was cold, very cold. I wasn't exactly sure what it was that managed to wake me up but I honestly didn't care. I could feel my body shivering against a not warm bed. Heavily lifting my arm I tried to flick the switch wondering why I was so cold in the first place. Of course the switch didn't work, holding back violent shivers I pushed my torso up and grabbed the special phone sitting  in the corner behind my bed.

 Squinting against the light I noticed a missed message, already knowing who it was from and what it was for I dropped my phone again. Mrs. Roxe gave it to me when I first got to this school, its so I can inform her of situations like this.

 With her powers she was always the one to text me first and tell me to stay warm until morning when she could fix my bed. Looking up and my tightly shut window I tiredly glared at the pitch black sky, I hated the winter months. Sliding my arms under my chest and curling my tail around myself I groaned lowly when it didn't help. I just seemed cold to myself, sometimes I wished I was warm blooded.

 Sluggishly moving I used my hands to crawl myself out of the broken nest of mine looking at my door. My body felt stiff as I dragged myself out of my own bedroom looking toward Tate's door finding it locked, the usually empty room on my other side however was open and I could feel a body inside.

 Uncaring of who it was I found myself crawling onto the bed my body sliding up after me and winding around the warmth. I don't remember fall back asleep, only feeling pleased at the constant warmth bundled against my tail. I was comfortable. At least until I felt the sudden small pinch of pain that jolted threw my body that only came from one of my scales being ripped off.

 It took me a moment to realize I wasn't in my own room and Vince was staring at me with wide eyes. Pulling myself off his bed I realized I had been wrapped around him and the sudden loss of his body heat made me sad. Flinching as he gasped loudly I briefly wondered if I had hurt him on accident and if he was going to freak out like Tate had when this happened once with him. Tate didn't enjoy waking up to me wrapped around him, in fact he screamed so loud he left my ears ringing. He's locked his door at night ever since.

 "Oh, Vince. Sorry about that." He hummed slightly at me as he stretched his body out, I could hear all his joins popping loudly. As he sat there he turned to me and tiredly stared at my chest before rubbing his face.

 "What are you doing in my room?" His voice was thick with sleep and I flinched hoping he wasn't going to freak out. "My bed is broken. It won't head up anymore and I'm waiting for the new blankets to get here. It just got really cold last night and Tate keeps his door locked, you were the only other source of heat." I mumbled at him as he nodded absently grunting while he scratched his chest.

 "Just don't strangle me in your sleep, suffocation isn't a fun way to die." I rose an eyebrow as his face turned red a little and his sleepy eyes flicked over my tail. Not wanting to make him uncomfortable I started moving for the door, "Sorry. I'll try not to do it again."

 As I moved into the hallway bathroom Vince shuffled out of his room and down the stairs. Sighing heavily I moved to the shower and tuned on the hot water first letting it get steamy before making it not as hot and pulling off my clothes. Smiling at the heat of the shower I got my hair wet before I piled myself into the larger than average tub, even though I still didn't fit, and got to work on oiling my drying out scales.

 I vaguely heard a muffled voice outside of the door before it was opened and slammed shut frantically. My eyes flicked up at the sudden movement catching a glimpse of Tate and his girlfriend in the hall way before Vince slid to the floor breathing heavily and looking pale. I chuckled when he murmured something about nightmares.