Party

(Zetzu)

 I was pulled awake by a hand on my shoulder, Tate's slightly scared face appeared in front of me. My eyes only opened half way and I noticed instantly how cold I was.

 "You have to wake up, its freezing in here." Tate was a good roommate and a nice guy, he was just obsessed with sex. Even though he was obviously scared of me he offered to have me as a roommate when I first came here and he makes sure I don't freeze to death at night.

 I waved my hand at him in thanks and he quickly ran from my room as I managed to drag myself out of my bed about half way before just laying on my floor wishing it would warm up a little. I huffed and got myself in the bathroom and into a warm shower. I didn't fit all the way so my tail always hung over the edge a little.

 I washed my hair and tail glaring when I noted the dullness of my scales, I was getting ready to shed. Turning the water off I used four towels to wrap my hair and dry my body, when I had my wet hair pulled back in a pony tail I moved out of the warm bathroom and looked at Vince's door.

 I shifted in and eyed his sleeping self, his mouth was open slightly and his snores were very quiet, his short hair a complete mess, my pillow still tucked between his legs. I shivered imagining myself in the pillow's place. I slapped my face, I was getting jealous of my own pillow, great. Shaking my head I moved over to him picking my blanket up off the floor and putting it on the bed while I shook his shoulder.

 "Vince." He groaned loudly at me and my pillow hit my face before he put it back in his legs, I huffed "Vince get up its nearly noon." He rolled away from me and curled into a ball, "Don wanna." His muffled reply was laced heavily with sleep.

 I closed one of my eyes and used my tail to pick him up by his ankle, he gasped and his eyes flew open. I held him upside down over his bed, he wiggled around a bit before looking at me with tired eyes. I could easily see the dark circles marking his skin, "Didn't sleep well?" He hung there limply and shook his head.

 "I've never slept well so that's nothing new." I turned him over and set him back down, and nudged his shoulder "Start getting ready, your brother's party will start in a few hours and if we don't get in line early it'll take for ever to get in."

 He nodded and rolled out of the bed and scooted over to the bathroom, I chuckled and made my way downstairs to the kitchen to make coffee.

 After a few minutes Vince came down the stairs and plopped down on the stool behind the counter and once more stared at me. I glanced at him and turned to the freezer next to the frig and pulled out a large chunk of meat. I read the package, deer meat, yummy.

 Tossing it in the microwave I heard Vince ewing at me, I looked back at him to see his nose scrunched up slightly and a smile on his face. He was teasing me, "You eat that?" I nodded at him and glanced at the coffee maker "Like, whole?" I chuckled and opened my mouth as wide as I could, letting my jaw pop out of place so he could see my teeth.

 "I can't chew, I would shred my mouth if I did." His eyebrows went up in surprise "Are you venomous?" I smiled and glanced at him "I can be if I wish to be. I don't enjoy the taste of it though, venom is bitter and burns my mouth."

 He nodded at me and stood when the coffee beeped at the same time as the microwave, he poured himself some coffee and loaded it with creamer and sugar while I eyed him adding sugar. I slowly peeled the rapper off my food as he added yet a fourth spoon of sugar before sipping it again. He stirred it and glanced at me as I leaned back swallowed the chunk of meat whole.

 His jaw dropped and he watched me the whole time, I licked my lips before turning to wash my hands free of blood.

 I glanced at him again and his eyes were still locked on me, taking a sip of his overly sweet coffee he slid off the stool and walked up to me. Once more I'm amazed at how relaxed he was around me, how easily he can move closer to me.