Chapter 14

John's P.O.V.

He burst back into the flat after having sat in the cold for an hour or so.
"You are insane! Sherlock, I just-" John caught himself before continuing. "I know you think that I would have been better off without you, I know you were looking out for my physical safety. But God damn it, I can handle myself with that sort. You knew that I never fully recovered from the war mentally, and still you put me through all of that. I'm just having trouble acting like none of this ever happened." By this point, John's anger had subsided to reveal a rather broken man that was quite shocking to Sherlock.

"I've already said that I am sorry, and I'm not sure what else I can for you besides try and do better now. I love - science. Yes, science. It is the one truly honest, intriguing, and brilliant things in this world. It has been my devotion for many years. But if you would give me the chance, I would like to show that same devotion to you. I was wrong, I'll admit that. Also, please grab me my phone. It's on the table you were just cleaning by." Sherlock wore the same neutral expression as normal, though this time John noticed something different in Sherlock's startlingly beautiful eyes. He saw the man who loved him.

John handed the phone the Sherlock, brushing his finger against the other man's.

"I'm sending a few people who owe me and my dear brother to go search for Sarah." Sherlock said as he typed away, sending various messages to various people.

"Sarah? I just saw her the other day. She gave me a surprise ride in a cab."

"She held me captive and tortured me for the last two months of my absence. I was never a fan of hers. I'm assuming the man she worked for hasn't found out of my escape yet, or Sarah would likely be dead."

John felt his throat tighten with guilt and astonishment.
"When... When were you going to tell me about that?"

Sherlock's P.O.V

"Well I did not seem to have time to with you being mad at me. Now seems to be a good time."

"You're such a fool. If you had just, just told me..." John said, his voice somewhere between rage and calm, a seemingly impossible combination.

"I'm fine now, obviously. Look, I simply have a few scars of my own." Sherlock lifted his shirt to reveal all sorts of marks left by Sarah's blade. "I don't see why you're so upset."

"Because the man I love was tortured for two fucking months by my sadistic ex-girlfriend!" John shouted, not fully realizing what he had said.

"The man you... love?" Sherlock let his shirt fall back down and looked into John's eyes.

"Yes, I said it. I love you Sherlock, why the hell else would I have been in such pain when you left, so angry when you came back. You hurt me, and yet still I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else."

"I suppose I am cheating." Sherlock said in disbelief.

"What?"

"Nothing, a sort of joke I had with Mycroft. John, I- I seem to be in love with you. It that's what this feeling is. I guess they were right about us all along." Sherlock said.

"This doesn't change the fact that I'm upset with you. Dammit, this is as corny as those books young people write these days, fan fiction or something."

"Shut up John." And with that Sherlock finally kissed his best friend, his blogger, the love of his life.