Chapter 5

*~*~* Sorry, updates are slowing down a lot. Writers block and crap. Anyways.... you guys are amazing! 170 reads?! Thank you so much! That's 169 more than I thought I would get! Anyways this chapter is dedicated to my awesome reader iamjohnlocked221b and my lovely friend Jackie. Love you all!!! Again, sorry for late update. :/*~*~*

John's P.O.V.

Coming back from his terrible day at work, John beckoned over a cab. He smiled gently to himself remembering his first case with Sherlock, A Study in Pink, he had called it on his now abandon blog.

After paying the cabbie, John bought roses from a woman with a flower cart. Carrying the three roses, he walked over towards the glossy, charcoal black headstone with the name of his only friend,

S H E R L O C K H O L M E S. Pain filled his chest. No matter how many times he came here, the place had the same effect on him.

All the sudden, a fury of emotions caused the man to stumble backwards slightly. Sitting behind the stone was a beat, worn pirate hat. Sherlock? The only other person who knows about this is- No. It couldn't be Mycroft. The man hasn't shown any signs of mourning for his younger brother.

Gingerly, John bent over and picked up the hat. Mycroft's words popped into his head. He had wanted to be a pirate when he was a child. Was this his hat? He knew it was. After giving it a closer look, John could see that it even had Sherlock's name written inside it in Sherlocks stationary.

"I brought you some flowers. Letters hurt to much to write. And they probably just waste your time anyways." He chuckled. "I got you some yellow roses. Did you know that yellow roses represent friendship? I didn't either. The girl who I bought them off of told me so. Well, here you go I guess." John paused as he set down the bouquet of yellow roses.

Suddenly his voice became hoarse. "I tried Sherlock. I really did. But I can't do it! I- I can't move past this phase. Everyone just thinks I'm dramatic. They are right I guess. But I need you. Some days I wish I wouldn't wake up. Help me. Please. I need you. I need my friend, my detective back. I believe in you. Just come back to me." By the end of this, he was crying. "I'll be back tomorrow." John croaked. "Bye."

Sherlock's P.O.V. (Mild Violence)

"You two make this job far to easy. Boring even." He help the gun up to the head of the sister, Martha Hart. The woman just glared at Sherlock, refusing to beg for mercy.

"You're a dead man walking, Mr. Holmes." She sneered.

"I always am." He pulled the trigger. Jacob screamed for his now dead sister. he then focused his anger on his sisters killer, delivering painful punches to Sherlock.

The clever man knew how to defend himself, and grabbed Jacob Hart's arm as he was delivering what was supposed to be a blow to the stomach. He then snapped the mans arm, hearing the gruesome crunch of bone.

Jacob bit his lip to hold back a scream as he clutched his arm. Mistake. Sherlock then pulled the trigger, sending a bullet through the assassins heart. He watched the mans large body fall with a thud to the alley ground as a red puddle began to quickly grow.

(A/N Violence over)

Pulling out his mobile, he rang his brother giving him the location. He then looked to the paper files of assassins, putting a black line of ink over the names Jacob and Martha Hart.

"Moving on then." He muttered to himself as he looked at the next 2 names. Why are they all in pairs now? Sherlock pondered. Looking at the two dead bodies laying in red pools of blood, he realised what was going on. "Oh!" He exclaimed. "Oh." One is weak, the other is strong. Their defences are weakening. Why? Moriarty would never hire weak assassins. Someone else, someone with less resources was behind this. Someone who knows how Moriarty thought. "Clever." He murmured. Sherlock thought back to all the times he had seen Jim, and then remembered the Great Game. The man in the shadows. Now I just have to figure out who this shadow man is.

After returning to the grave yard to gather his things, Sherlock noticed the three yellow roses gently placed on his grave. Yellow roses. Friendship. John. Sherlock felt a faint flash of sadness for missing a visit from John. Just as quickly as the awful feeling came, it was gone.

Sherlock climbed up his tree and grabbed his water bottle and his blue scarf. He then rang Molly, telling her to bring him some food. She of course already knew that Sherlock's death was fake. Molly was the one who had helped him do it, and keep it hushed.

Ten minutes later, Molly came with an apple, a bag of crackers, and a turkey sandwich. "Thank you Molly." Sherlock said as he gingerly tucked the food in the pockets of his long black coat.

"Anytime Sherlock. When are you coming back? John needs you. He's become cold, like there are chains locking his heart up." She said softly.

"When the assassins and shadow man are dead. Look after John, keep him out of trouble." He stated. Molly muttered something inaudible. "What was that?"

"That shouldn't be to much of a problem seeing as he shut himself off from people. Honestly Sherlock, the man goes to work, gets in a row with his boss, cries, visits you, then stays home all day. His life doesn't change much." She said annoyed with the tall man standing in front of her.

"Molly, please just stay with him. Make sure he is safe. Promise me this?" He said with a slight plea, looking at her with sad puppy dog eyes.

"I'll try." And with that the woman left. Sherlock sighed and went on the hunt for Greggori Shine and James Collinsons, clutching his spare British Army Browning L9A1 with his pale hand.

"I'll find my way back to you John."

Shadow Man's P.O.V. (A/N love that name!)

Sherlock Holmes will pay. He will suffer like I did when he killed James Moriarty. Oh I love making him run. I just can not wait to watch his blood spill at my hands. But before that, I will make him hurt.

The man frowned. His resources were limited. Many of the his dear friend Moriarty's assassins had either left or died. So, he was forced to find less than satisfactory killers. As he looked at profiles of people who lived within 1 hour of London, he found the perfect person. Brown-red haired women, works at a hospital. Experienced with guns and crossbows. Most recent relationship, John Watson. Her name was Sarah Sawyer. He wrote down her address, and sent a man to go retrieve her. A smile crept upon his rough face. "Too easy."

*~*~* Please don't hate me for it being such a shirt chapter! The next chapter should be better... Hopefully. Anyways, what do you think about this 'Shadow Man'? Any ideas on who he is? And Sarah... Hmmm... Looks like she's going crazy. Ahh crazy people are fun. Again, I apologise for the shortness of the chapter. Vote and Comment! If you leave enough nice or helpful comments, the next chapter could dedicated to you! Thanks for reading!!!!*~*~*