Shy.3

Tick. Tock. Tick.

Freaking tock.

It's been a while since I'm in detention. Unfortunately for me, Emily were sat in the front corner; while I'm on the other end. Teachers, they're out to get us. I'm serious.

"Time won't get any faster the more you stare at it, ya know?" my eyes met with a pair of grey eyes. Yup, it's him. You know who I mean. I smiled coyly as heat spread on my cheeks. Turning my head I pretend to continue what I'm supposedly doing-drawing.

I know I'm not good at it, it's pretty obvious. One of my supposedly drawn hands were drawn in a way one would mistaken it for splattered mud. Another one of the donkey were in an awkward position, like a cross between a cat and a dog. I huffed, and resolved to doing maths.

"Hey," a small whisper coming from my back. Grey-eyed boy proceed to mouthed the words 'do you have a pen' with a pleading expression. Kinda cute if you asked me, his eyes were squinted and his mouth were twitching with a smile.

I don't have any though, the ones I got are the ones I'm using. 'sorry' I mouthed back, and wave my hands in a I-don't-have way. Weird, there are around fifteen people here, he could've asked that dude behind me; or the girl casting seductive looks at him.

Speaking of which, "Here Andrew, you can have mine." the said girl practically threw it in his face, hitting his nose with the pen. Andrew huh. A muffled 'ah' sound was heard, not loud enough to gain the attention of the grumpy old lady teacher.

"Sorry." giving him a blow kiss and a smile, but to me it looks more like the cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland smiled. I turned back to my work, seeing enough. I snickered as I did my best to muffled the sound into my sweater. This obviously results to my body vibrating. Not that, ya nasty. You know what I meant.

I did my work in solitude silence when a piece of paper landed on my table, 'whattaya laughing at? me? :)' 

I looked around and a familiar grin met my eyes. I wrote back a 'maybe' and tossed it in his direction. It hit his chair and I quickly turned back, pretending to do my work. I looked like idiotic actually, doing maths while a grin spread my face. 

A few moments later a ball of paper landed near my foot. I unrolled it and there was a 'my name's Andrew, what's yours?' written at the end of our previous words. I took my blue pen and wrote back 'i'm Arie-

When the bell rang.

I stuffed it in my pocket and collected my books. "Hey, so I haven't got your name." he stood across with a smirk. "I'm Arielle." I barely said over a whisper. Looking anywhere but at him, I noticed his group of friends were outside. One of them shouted, "Andrew hey! C'mon!".

This time I glanced at him. He gave me a small smile and said a quick 'see you later' before joining them. Em was by my side as we watched him leave the classroom, being the only ones left.

"What's up with you and him?" she asked, a frown appearing between her eyebrows. "Nah, nothing. He just wants to know who the new girl is." I nonchalantly shrugged. 

Somehow, I felt as though they have a secret. Or maybe it's just me...

***************************************

"Ari, dinner's here." my mom's voice reached my ears as I sat stalking Andrew's facebook. "Yeah coming." I shouted back, but really I'm just scrolling to find more about him. His pictures are mostly with his friends in school, not much status as of recent. "Ari!" the sound resonates through my house.

"Okay, okay!" I began to close all tabs and rushed downstairs. We used to live in another town, but for some reason my mother had to come here. My father stayed behind with Cuddles-my dog. I'm not allowed to know the details of us being here. Which frankly, is unfair.