Popular.2

"Ugh I know right? Why does he have to be such-"

"My gosh totes, we could like do-"

"Bruh pass me-"

"Gosh Jason! You can't just-"

"Hold up, you said wha-"

Yep, pretty messed up situation in here. Haha, totally not suffocating in here. It's break time now and I have no idea what is going on. Yes, I am the girl in the corner of the table keeping her hands to herself, quietly munching on food.

Sounds pathetic? It looks like it too. Why oh why do I get stuck here? Is it you karma? Well, I have one thing to say to you: screw you! Don't patronize me, I know I'm childish. Ugh, please, anything to get me out of-

"What. The. Hell!" the sound made everyone in the cafeteria quiet into a hush tone. I made my way in front of the growing crowd forming around the scene. Britney being the blonde airhead she is, began making a scene about how expensive her outfit caused her. That's when I notice the boy that stood across from her. The floor was covered in thick gooey red liquid and both of them have pasta sticking on their clothes. 

"Britney, please let it go. It's an accident." I assured her, placing my hand on her shoulders. Ugh, bad choice. There's probably ketchup on my palm now, oh gosh what if it wasn't? She glared at him, it was as though beneath the surface she was seething at something... deeper. Britney ended eye contact and proceed to whip her hair in front of our face before storming off. Weird, even I know she wouldn't have given up so easily.

Well, so much for getting out of a situation. Smooth, karma. 

I noticed a movement at my peripheral vision and saw the guy leaving through the doors, leaving the mysterious red liquid trailing after his footsteps. There's no point in continuing my meal now considering what had happened, plus I don't think I have any appetite left.

I trailed after the guy towards the hallway leading who-knows-where. He must have heard my heels clicking because that's when he turned to look at me, and to make things worst - he ran. 

What. The.

I of course chased after him. No particular reason, except for the fact that I'm not as ruthless as some of the popular peeps. I would rather go after the victim than stay there with the people that made him feel bad. That just makes me in the same page as them. 

I'm losing him, his trails are becoming less visible. "Wait up! Can you not?" I yelled out breathlessly as I did my best to balance and to effectively dodge the corners. He stopped all of a sudden, possibly cornered as there weren't any hallways in front of him. "What do you want?" a voice resonates in my ears.

"I just- oh gosh give me a minute." I gasped as I placed my hand on the wall to support me. There is a reason I'm not in the track team, and this is it.

I looked up at him and saw an amused smirk playing on his mouth. It vanished as quickly as I saw it, I almost thought I imagined it. Almost.

"Whattaya want?" he avoided my gaze, instead finding the floor suddenly fascinating. "I- " what am I supposed to say? "I want to know if you're alright." I steadied my voice. Not bad, myself.

He let out a sinister chuckle, like he was mocking my answer. "Why? Want to see me being miserable further? Is that not enough?" by the end of his sentence his voice had rised significantly greater. "Forget it." he pushed past me, eyes still on the floor.

"Wait, please- the least I can do is help you. As a sorry on behalf of my- friends." I latched on to his arm. He stared where my hands were and slowly looked up, meeting my gaze. His eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. "Friends? What friends you have..." he smiled, not the good kind as you might've guessed. The crooked one, almost like he knew something I don't.

"Fine." he grunted and walked away. I kept up my speed to match my pace with his. "So, why did you run just now?" making small talk shouldn't be a crime, but looking at his expression it should have. He glared at me and proceed to walk even faster. We turned a few corners and stopped.

I had no warning so I ended up smacked behind his back. He turned his combination and after a few tugs, opened his locker. Taking a new shirt, he began to pull at the hem of his current shirt onto his neckline. Heat spread on my cheecks as I hastily turned my gaze away from him.

A deep chuckle was heard and I internally scowled at him. Darn you for pulling that card. The sound of metal against the locker resonates throughout the hall. I flinched and noticed he had put on a new shirt. Good for him. I want those abs though...

Okay, it's just an accident. Britney might've taken it too far but he doesn't have to throw a tantrum on me. "Look I know you're really pissed at my friends, I'm sorry but you don't have to-"

"You don't get it do you? This is normal. I'm treated like this at least once a week." he shot back. And I thought this is a one-off. 

"Okay... " maybe I should keep things slow so he can calm down, perhaps... "I can have a talk with them-" I suggested when surprise surprise he did it again, interrupt I mean. "No... you don't know them well enough." he concluded as if realization dawned on him. What? He walked away slowly and paused. Angling his head in a way I can only see half of his face, he muttered, "Stay away from them. You don't know what they're capable of."

And with that, he walked away.

_____________________________________

Hugs and kisses to all   ;)