"I expect better from you..."

"So she didn't show?"

"No." Logan tried to hide the disappointment in his voice. Lily stayed quiet for a moment, then spoke in a quiet voice,

"We're still doing it today though? You didn't get to tell her-."

"Hush Lily. " Logan looked around, no one seemed to be listening to their conversation, he continued, "Yeah, it would've worked out better if she had known but we don't have time to delay."

"But I like Quinn, I don't want to hurt her."

"We're not going to hurt her, just make her sleepy. We'll be close by I promise. I'll talk to her and when I give her the envelope, you come and distract her so I can put the stuff in her drink."

"Ok but we can't have her pass out in front of everybody!"

"Then we create a distraction for her, make her go back to her barracks."

"How are we going to do that?" Logan let out a sigh.

"We'll probably have to break her necklace."

"What if she doesn't drink it?" Logan rolled his eyes at Lily's uncertainty.

"Then I'll be ready to use the chloroform we have, I'll put it on a handkerchief and I'll hide it in my jacket and when I take it off I'll invite her for a walk. The bottom line is this has to happen today, he's going to make his move."

"But aren't we putting her in more danger by incapacitating her?!" Lily was now in front of him, her hand pushing his shoulder back.

"We need him to get caught, Lily. We already set it up so that he knows we're "taking" her today, he'll act because he'll think we don't expect him. He gets caught, he's in jail, boom. Quinn is safe." Logan gently pushed Lily out of the way, continuing to walk.

"She'll be ok though, right?"

"Yeah." He paused, "Yeah, she's a tough girl." Logan swallowed the dryness in his throat, trying to do his best to hide the heat rushing to his face.

                                                                                                ...

     The sun was now rising and my body was begging for rest, legs shaking, eyes fighting to stay open, lungs begging to hold a breath for longer than a fraction of a second. My legs buckled, my hands slamming into a puddle of mud, the wet dirt splattering on my face. Gross. I didn't even realize that it has begun to rain. My head spun, trying to make sense of the small ripples and waves that formed in the puddle.

"I think I'm going to throw up, sir." I stared into the water, my distorted form staring back, eyes red, hair matted with sweat, then I saw his eyes. Captain Levi's eyes stared back at me through the puddle and despite the distortion of the water, I could still see the crease in his brow.