Once we actually got there, delayed by many piss stops and the boys scoffing all of Polly's fucking sandwiches, I looked around at the other bidders.
A bunch of rich, upper class bastards, their barely out of the cradle wives hanging off their arms.

Curly kept rambling on about having a bad feeling, that we shouldn't be here
"You're just in an unfamiliar place Curly, we all are" Tommy assured him, walking up the steps to the betting stalls.

"What kinda bad feeling?" I whispered to Curly
"Bad energy Miss Cortéz... bad people" he stuttered, I nodded slightly, giving him a smile to try and ease his panicky mood.

We all stood by the railing, I leant my arms on it, watching as some horse got sold off to the guy to the right of us.
Then the one we were looking for came out, a beautiful cloudy grey colour, strong legs, good stature.
Perfect for racing.

"This is it" Charlie said, leaning on the railing to the right of me.
I nodded, relaxing as Tommy wanted to do all the bidding.
As long as we got the horse I didn't care, Tommy can have all the control over the situation as he wants.

He began bidding back and forth with a couple stood across from us.
The woman looked very posh, clad in rich clothes, done up hair, she was stood with another man, he looked a bit older than her but like I already mentioned, the pricks here have wives younger than their illegitimate children.

"1700" the announcer said.
"That's it Tom you have to stop" Charlie said across me
"You don't have it in your belt Tom" Arthur added
"Yes I have... I'm having the horse" he said, nodding once again

My eyes snapped to him
"No you're fucking not" I whisper shouted at him, he wasn't looking at me though, his eyes kept darting between the woman and the horse.

I scoffed
"I'll pay half the 1700... the rest you can make up" I said with finality
"She's a sweet beast Tom, but stop I feel something bad" Curly said nervously.
"Shut up Curly" Charlie mumbled, earning a smack in the arm from me.

I turned around slightly, rubbing Curly's forearm in a comforting manner and smiling at him.
The amount got to 2000 before they eventually stopped.

"Sold to mister..."
"Thomas Shelby" Tommy answered, hands in pockets
I shoved past him, he's such a fucking prick.
We had a plan, we'd spend a certain amount and that was that, but no
Thomas Shelby had to go swinging his dick around didn't he?

I waited down in the reception area, the rest of the boys coming down shortly after
"Mar-"
"What the fuck was that?" I cut Tommy off, fuming
"I needed that horse" he said simply, making me laugh.

"No, you needed that pretty rich tart in your bed, and throwing your weight around and chucking our money, my fucking money, at a horse was the way to do it" I shouted, the rich bastards around us looking at me like I was fucking mental.

"Come on Mar-" he tried reasoning
"Just go sign for the fucking thing" I said
He sighed
"I only brought what we planned on spending" he mumbled, making me even more angry.

I took my purse out, shoving it in his hands, and storming off to the door, waiting to be let in to see the horse that I just forked out the extra 300 quid for.

And what do you know, after signing for the horse Thomas got waylaid by the woman he was eyeing in the bets.
"Fuck sake" I muttered, I didn't have time for this, I needed to get back to London.
Alfie may have rang while I wasn't there.