"Um..." I stammer, not having chance to come up with a logical response.

"Taura came to me earlier, after both you and Raul had fallen out with her." He informed me rather aggressively. She fell out with Raul? I thought he was supporting her?

"Wait Raul fell out Taura?"

"Yes, but I'm not mad at him, quite frankly I'm not certain what it was about. But I warned you not to hurt her!"

"What did she say to you... exactly?" I ask him, making sure I start making the right excuses.

"She didn't say anything. But Eric rang me just now and told me everything."

"Look I know what I did was wrong, but you saw the CCTV footage as well –"

"Yeah I saw the footage! But I did fuck all with it! The last thing I was going to do was take it to leadership you idiot." He shouts down the phone, making me feel even more guilty.

"Alright, I already feel awful enough, you don't need to rub it in Four," I groan, "did she tell them?"

"No, she left when they started interrogating her. Thank god, the types of things they would have asked!" That's a relief. However, worries me slightly. If she's not upset about that, then what the hell has happened?

"I get it, look I apologised and we're okay now so you can stop having a go at me." I scoff, really wanting to end this lecture.

"Is she with you?"

"Yeah, she came to me." I say with slight triumph in my words.

"Is she okay?" I would have said yes so he would shut up. But this time, I probably shouldn't lie, I could do with Fours advice.

"No, not particularly." I sigh.

"She didn't tell you?" Four asked with a bemused voice.

"She hasn't really said much. It's worrying me, was she meant to tell me something?"

"I think you should talk to her. Eric told me something you're not going to like." He says more calmly, but I become more panicked.

"What is it?"

"Eric found Sam threatening Taura. He had a knife to her neck and was groping her leg. Eric got him off her but apparently she was rather unsettled, as you would expect." Fuck! I felt anger pace through me as I turned to look at the door Taura was behind. As soon as I get my hands on him, he is dead meat.

"Are you kidding me?! When will he stop?!"

"He won't. And Taura knows that. She spoke to Eric afterwards. Look, don't freak out. At least not at Taura or in front of her. She will act strong, but she's terrified of him. She won't talk to me, but she will talk to you. Just please look after her." Four tells me directly. I understand what he means, there's something much darker going on than just a sexual assault – which is already dark enough – and Taura knows exactly what is, and I can't imagine how awful that must be, knowing that someone/s have an agenda against you.

"I will." I say with a gulp before hanging up. I stand there, against the kitchen island not really sure how to feel. A mixture of anger, guilt, confusion and pain. It was awful. I wanted just to scream. I grip the phone tighter before throwing it across the room in anger, watching it skid across the floor.

"Fuck!" I curse to myself trying to let the anger out.

I let myself cool off for the next 30 minutes, knowing that I should talk to Taura and that whatever she's feeling is a hell of a lot worse than the emotions I'm feeling. And I had to remember that. I can't let her see me cave, I have to be strong for her now.