-11-

AJ stares at the ribbon shaped gold band decorated with a solitaire stone on her finger, she had done a good job at hiding this from everyone, which surprised her because Edward could read minds and Alice would have seen the moment Carlisle decided to propose, but she wasn't complaining, because if Alice knew she would have thrown a party by now to celebrate it.

AJ had graduated from Forks High School and was spending most of her time at home while Rosalie and Emmett were in Africa spending some time alone, Today Alice was extremely happy because it was Bella Swan's birthday, and because nobody in the house remembered when they were born, Alice decided to plan a party to celebrate the birth of Bella.

AJ exits the bedroom and Alice was immediately by her side smiling wide at her, AJ already knew what this was about and she been trying to avoid it for days now, but you can't really avoid Alice, no matter how hard you try, AJ places her right hand over her left hand covering the engagement ring.

"AJ, just who I was hoping to see," Alice says. "Can I ask a favour?"

"It depends, Alice." AJ answers.

"Can we please throw a birthday party for Bella? Please? None of us has celebrated a birthday in years!" Alice begs, her eyes pleaded her as well. "Please."

"You should go and ask Carlisle, it is his house, I just live here," AJ says, Alice nods her head as they begin walking down the stairs.

"Okay, but, can you ask him?" Alice asks.

"I'm sorry, you have a voice, and if you can't say it, write it down," AJ says.

"He'll say yes if you ask," Alice says, AJ chuckles and glances into the living room and sees Carlisle.

"All right, I'll ask him later," AJ says.

"No, ask him now," Alice begs.

"Now?" AJ asks, a smile on her lips as she toyed with Alice.

"Yes, right now," Alice says, AJ laughs softly and nods her head.

"All right, I'll go ask him," AJ says, Alice pulls AJ into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Alice says, AJ wraps her arms around Alice hugging her back.

"No problem, but you're going to have to let me go if you want me to go ask him," AJ says, Alice pulls away from the embrace.

"Right yes, now go," Alice says, AJ walks into the living room and sits down next to Carlisle on the couch, she lays her head on his shoulder and places her hand on his upper thigh.

"Hello, darling," Carlisle says, he shuts the TV off.

"Hi." AJ softly says, Carlisle looks at her with a smile on his lips, he knew she wanted something.

"What can I do for you?" Carlisle asks, AJ looks up at him.

"You can kiss me," AJ says.

"You don't even have to ask," Carlisle says, he leans closer and brushes his lips against her, softly kissing her.

"Mhm, that never gets old," AJ says. "So uh the teenagers, minus myself." AJ begins, Carlisle nods his head. "Mostly Alice, she wants to throw a birthday party for Bella here tonight, hopefully, it's just us and Bella."

"If it's only us and Bella, then I see no problem with it," Carlisle says, AJ nods her head and looks towards the staircase.

"Did you hear, Alice?" AJ asks, Alice lets out a squeal and skips into the living room.

"Thank you, thank you!" Alice says, Carlisle smiles up at Alice.

"No problem, Alice," Carlisle says, AJ stands from the couch.