-7-

AJ leans against Edward's Volvo watching him as he followed Bella into the wooded area next to the school, Alice walks up to AJ.

"You told Charlie?" Alice asks, AJ looks at Alice with confusion.

"What?" AJ asks.

"You told Charlie about you and Carlisle," Alice says.

"I didn't tell him, I hinted it," AJ says. "Besides, he thinks I'm turning nineteen soon."

"The school is already gossiping about it." Alice states. "Did anybody hear you when you told Charlie?"

"Let them talk, they're always going to talk," AJ says. "And if somebody did hear me, then I have a stalker." Alice stares at AJ for a solid minute not saying a word.

"What's wrong with you? Usually, when I tell you something like this, you're ready to explode." Alice says, AJ shakes her letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Alice, my attention is on Edward, do you know why he followed her into the woods?" AJ asks, Alice lets out a sigh. "Alice, what is it?" AJ pushes herself away from Edward's car.

"Bella knows about us, and she's about to confront him about it," Alice says.

"She knows?" AJ questions.

"Yes," Alice says.

"Excuse me," AJ says, she makes her way towards the woods making sure nobody saw her and making sure not to make a sound.

"I know what you are." AJ hears Bella say, she stops in her tracks and listens.

"Say it," Edward says. "Out loud, say it."

"Vampire," Bella says, AJ holds back a hiss, they were careless and now they could be killed.

"Are you afraid?" Edward asks.

"No." Bella says.

"Then ask me the most basic question, what do we eat?" Edward asks.

"You won't hurt me," Bella says, AJ speeds closer to them and hides behind a tree, watching them, Edward takes hold of Bella's upper arm and pulls her with him. "Where are we going?"

"Up the mountain, out the cloud bank," Edward says. "You need to see what I look like in the sunlight." He pulls her up onto his back and speeds up the mountain.

"Edward." AJ hisses out, she was about to follow him when somebody grabbed her shoulder, she spins around to face John.

"Let them go, we'll speak with him at home," John says.

"John, he's going to get us all killed," AJ says. "I was fine with his crush, but this..."

"We will speak about this at home, and we will decide there if you must compel her to forget or not," John says.

"Fine, let's go then," AJ says, she walks past John. "I'm going home." John follows behind her.

"We're all going home, we already called Carlisle to meet us at the house," John says, AJ nods her head and speeds away from John, she arrives at the house and walks up the stairs seeing Rosalie and Emmett standing by the front door.

"Did he tell her?" Rosalie asks.

"She figured it out, and he then took her up the mountain out of the cloud bank," AJ says.

"Bloody idiot," Rosalie says, the three of them stood outside the house.

"Well, let's hope that I'm allowed to compel her to forget," AJ says. "As much as I want Edward to be happy, she would have to be turned, and we're not allowed to do that."

"Stop it now," John says meeting up with them.

"I vote that she has to forget," Rosalie says, they walk inside.

"I think it'll be fun having a human hanging around," Emmett says.

"You're missing the entire picture, Emmett," AJ says, they enter the living room and saw everyone already there.

"Calm down, darling," Carlisle says, AJ speeds up to him and softly kisses his cheek.

"No promises," AJ says.

"Carlisle, she knows about us, she figured it out," Rosalie says.

"Rose." Alice begins.

"She only figured it out because Edward played the hero, he dropped hints, Carlisle, you have to let me compel her," AJ says, she knew in how much danger her family was. "She's not supposed to know about us."

"No, we will wait to hear what Edward has to say about this, then we will decide," Carlisle says, AJ sits down on the couch crossing her arms over her chest, they could all die.

•••

Time quickly passed as they waited for Edward to return hoe, Alice was cuddling with Jasper while Rosalie and Emmett tried to pay attention to the game, Esme and John were on another couch whispering sweet nothing's into each other's ears while AJ was lying on the couch with her head on Carlisle's lap and his fingers brushing through her hair, the front door opens causing everyone to stand and Emmett to turn the tv off, Edward enters the living room and looks at his family.

"I can explain," Edward says.

"The start explaining," Rosalie says.

"Rosalie," Carlisle warns.

"She's my blood singer," Edward says, Carlisle begins smiling making the decision, Bella was not to be compelled. "AJ knew but I had to ask her to keep this a secret from all of you." Edward looks at AJ. "I know you're not completely happy about Bella being human, but I'm glad you've accepted her."

"Don't get too happy, We still have problems to deal with." AJ states.

"And we will, in due time," Carlisle says.