6: CRHG

Melanie
BAM!
All I saw was red. But it wasn't because I was dead. The limp body was pulled off of me. I could see a red silhouette of Jason he threw his helmet to the side and wiped at my face clearing my vision.
"Mel? Can you hear me?" Jason was right over me but his voice sounded off in the distance. My ears were ringing and my blurry vision wasn't helping. I let my head turn to the side, I noticed a handgun was in Jason's hand.
"You.. You shot him." I managed he smirked
"Yeah, back up pistol in my jacket." He said I then grasped that the red I was seeing was the blood. I went to look at the body beside me. Jason turned my head back to him.
"I wouldn't do that if I was you.." He said
"Where did you get him?" I asked
"The head." He said I nodded
"You've got blood all over you." He said he ripped off a piece of my cape and attempted to wipe my face.
"Thank you." I said he nodded

Dick
Tim had just finished with the bomb when BAM. A gun shot. It came from outside. I turned to him and he and I shared the same panicked expression.
"Red and Crow!" I yelled he went pale. Damian knocked out the last henchman conscious. Joker and Harley has fled. The usual.
"What are we waiting for?!" Tim yelled and ran towards the exit.
***
We scaled the building we had sent Jason and Melanie to. I was up first. Most of my view was blocked by a vent. All I saw was Melanie's lower half, blood and Jason. He sat there holding a handgun. He sat over her body.
"Jason?" I said he turned and there was blood on his face and hands.
"Traitor!" Tim yelled and grabbed his beau-staff and ran at Jason. Jason caught his beau-staff before it could hit him.
"I didn't do anything! One of Joker's henchmen found us. I got him though."
"Jason! We don't kill!" I shouted pulling Tim away from him.
"He had a gun to Mel's head. What did you expect me to do? Ask him politely to remove the gun barrel from her forehead?" Jason snaps at me.
"You don't have the right to kill people. What we do doesn't give us a license to kill." I said Jason stood up.
"You sound just like him. You know that?" Jason says I have to sustain the urge to punch him. He's always causing problems. Damian walked over to Melanie checking her pulse.
"She's okay, Jason was telling the truth." He says
"She fainted. I told her not to look." Jason says
"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Tim asks
"You've scarred her for the rest of her life. She will never get that image out of her head." Tim says
"It's better than having a bullet in her head. How about showing some gratitude every once in a while. She showed me gratitude." He said pointing to her.
"Killing doesn't deserve gratitude." I said Jason walked up to me and held out his hands.
"Then arrest me. I'm sick of the judgement. If you're so sick of me why not lock me away in Blackgate? Why not have your suspicions confirmed and send me to Arkham like everyone else." He says
"I don't want to lock you up Jason." I said
"Well, you've got to explain the blood and dead guy somehow." He said "See you back at the house." He says picking up his helmet and brushing past me.
"Where does he think he's going?" Tim asks
"It's better if he's not here." I said Damian nods in agreement.
"Alright, let's get her home." I said looking down at Melanie.
***
Melanie
I woke up in my room. I groaned and put a hand to my forehead.
"That would be a close range gunshot headache." I jump and look to my right. Tim was sat there. Still in full Red Robin gear minus the wings.
"Or CRGH. That's what Bart calls them." He says
"Bart?" I asked he waved me off. Leaning on my mattress.
"The important thing is that you're okay." He said
"Of course I am. Jason saved me." I said he nodded
"I shouldn't have let Dick send you two onto that roof. It was stupid." He said
"Don't blame this on yourself. Or Dick for that matter. Jason and I just weren't watching our backs." I said
"You two should have been in the bank so we could watch your backs." He said
"It's in the past Tim. We should just move past it." I said
"What about for future reference?" He asked
"Don't be a pain in the ass. How's Jason? He seemed pretty shaken up." I said
"Jason is never shaken up about killing someone. That's the scariest part." He said
"How do you know?" I asked
"Because I know things." He said I nodded slowly.
"Well, I'm hungry." I said and pulled the blankets back. I realized I was in pyjamas.
"Did you undress me?" I asked
"No!" Tim says his cheeks going pink "That was Steph. She was here when we got back she cleaned you up and got you changed." Tim says I nodded
"Ok because that would have been weird." I said he made a sound that sounded like nervous laughter.
"Yeah, you want me to tell Alfred to bring you something?" He asked
"Bring me what?" I asked
"Didn't you say you were hungry?" He asked I felt like an idiot.
"Oh yeah, um sure." I said he nodded
"I'll go tell him." He said he got up and walked away from my bed. That was when I realized my hand had been intertwined with his.
"Tim?" I said he turned
"Mhm?"
"How long was I out?" I asked
"A day. No biggie. It's usual for someone to try and sleep off traumatic memories." He said I nodded. He left shutting my door leaving me to wonder just how long he'd been sitting there.