2: Never Think You're Safe

Melanie
I woke up the next morning and headed down stairs. I heard music coming from the basement.
"That's loud.." I mumbled to Alfred. He nodded
"Master Jason has been here since 5 in the morning." He said
"Jason is down there?" I asked
"Yes, he's been working out for the whole morning." Alfred answers I nod.
"I should get some training done as well. Thanks Alfred."
"Anytime." He said I ran up to my room changing into sone work out clothes, TNA pants that ended at my knees, and a matching black tank top. I tied up my hair and grabbed my shoes and headed down to the basement. Jason had his playlist playing for sure with all this rock music and sorts. It was music me, Tim and Damian didn't really listen to.
"Early morning Jason?" I asked grabbing a towel off the rack, the basement was huge. I looked around, Dick's gymnastic stuff was in here still and we each had areas we liked to spend most of our time. Jason was all weight lifting and practicing flips.
He looked back at me and wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Did I wake you?" He asked I shook my head.
"Alright. You're welcome to join me. I won't bite." He said I always felt like I was the only person Jason didn't snap at all the time. I guess because we could relate to each other so well. I headed over to the gymnastics area. Bruce had added some stuff so we could practice flips and flexibility. "Training us to be like Dick" Jason always said to me. It was kind of true. Dick was an acrobat. He also was a martial arts master. A perfect Robin. He could do flips and and was flexible but at the same time strong and skilled at fighting. I had gymnastics talent but I was no Flying Grayson.
The next song surprised me. I didn't know Jason liked dubstep. I quickly scaled the climbing bars and watched him on the other side of the room. He was benching lots of weight, he didn't even have a spotter. But then again I don't think Jason cares.
I heard a loud whistle and turned around, Tim appeared in our schools basketball team shorts with no shirt on. Each of these boys were very fit. I'm talking 6 packs and biceps. Even at Tim's young age of 16 I was sure he could take on a big guy. Jason saw him, Tim put his towel down and headed for the simulator. A fight simulator Bruce added shortly after Damian arrived. Undeniably after Damian's request. Damian would have a fit if he saw Tim using it.
I did a front flip off the gymnastics ropes and walked over to the cooler. I grabbed a water bottle.
"Thank you." Jason said taking it from my hand. I watched after him I gave him a little shove. He cracked the bottle open and took in a few gulps. Lowering it he put the lid back on setting it on the bench he walked back toward me the weights he peeled off his shirt, revealing scars all over his back and chest. Those were undeniably from Joker. He put his hand through his black hair and sighed jumping up and grabbing the bar to do chin ups. His phone started to ring.
"Can you get that Melanie?" He asked I nodded
"Sure." I walked over and picked up his phone, unplugging it, the music stopped. The caller ID read "Dickhead" I forwarded my brows and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hey Jason." I almost laughed when I heard Dick's voice. Now I got the use of italics..
"Did you really think I was Jason?" I asked
"Melanie? Is that you?"
"Yes Dick. What would you like?" I asked
"Where's Jason?"
"He's currently trying to beat his best for chin-ups." I said watching Jason's back. I nibbled on my nail as I watched his back and bicep muscles flex each time he pulled up. Then I remembered Dick was on the other line, snapping out of it I tried to remember where we left off.
"Sorry did you say something Dick?" I asked
"Yeah, I'm stopping by later. Does Bruce need anything?"
"Not that I know of... Want me to ask Alfred?"
"No that's alright Mel, do you need anything?" He asked
"Um.. I don't think so.. Oh but we do need more powder for our hands for the gymnastics stuff. Were almost out." I said he chuckled
"Little Acrobat huh?"
"I wish. Where have you been hiding since last night?" I asked
"Back home, went to go see Barbara though.." He said
"Really? How's she doing?" I asked
"Pretty good misses us." He said
"How long has it been?" I asked implying their break-up. Babs spilt up with Dick after their pretty long relationship. No one knows why..
"About 3 weeks." He said
"Aw, you alright?" I asked
"I'm alright, it's what she wanted.." He said
"Aw, how about I take you out for a movie tonight? We haven't done it in ages." I said he chuckled
"Sounds like fun Mel. I'll pay this time though." He laughed I giggled then Jason's phone was snatched from me.
"Hey Acrobat. I kinda need my work out partner here. Were sending our love bye." He said hanging up. He plugged his phone back in putting on a song then walked away I stood there with my hand still held to my ear except that there was no phone there. Jason never fooled to leave me stunned.
"Um.. Jason?" I said he tuned around
"I need your help for a sec." He said I nodded
"What do you need?" I asked
"I need you to sit on my back as I do push-ups." He said
"No I'm too heavy.." I said
"Just do it Melanie." He said I didn't want to fight with him so I walked over he got into his push-up position then I sat on his back. He did his push-ups fast and easily.