Chapter 1 - Meeting

Emmaline Sanders on side>>
*
*
*

Hello, my wonderful readers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Em's P.O.V.

I buried my face further into the pillow and groaned in annoyance as the house phone continued to ring, interrupting my peaceful nap.

"Are you going to get that, Em?" My mother shouts from upstairs. I sighed heavily before dragging myself from my comfortable position on the couch and sluggishly went to the phone on the table by the entrance.

"Hello" I mumbled, my throat husky from the long day on the couch.

"Em!" A voice shouted loudly through the phone angrily, "Come on Ive been waiting outside forever now. Are you ready?"

"Shit" I whispered totally forgetting that Sophia and I had planned to go to the mall today, but I couldnt sleep last night and fell asleep on the couch.

"Uh, yeah I'm ready, I'll be out in a second" I lied through my teeth, before she can say something smart and sarcastic I hung up the phone and sprinted up the stairs.

Running into my room at the end of the hall I quickly threw on my black ripped skinny jeans, a white shirt that I knotted behind my back, and my black combat boots before I bolt down out my room.

I stopped abruptly, cursing silently to myself as I did a 180-degree turn and sprinted back to my room to grab my purse. I was in such a rush coming down the stairs that I didn't see my mom come around the corner from the kitchen.

"Hey, what's the rush?" she said sipping from a mug with a strong aroma wafting from it, no doubt coffee.

"Sorry, mom I gotta go. Soph is waiting outside, I forgot we were going to the mall today."

"So your gonna leave without saying goodbye first?" She whined childishly.

I chuckled lightly as I threw my arms around her, "How could I forgot, you're leaving me for two months, maybe more." Mom is a business consultant at a huge tech company and they are sending her to Florida to assist in this new project that they are building and its supposed to be world changing. She has been on long trips before but never one were she doesn't know when she'll return. She's going to miss my birthday and I know she hates it.

"Mom, don't worry I'll be ok?" I tell her calmly as she is still has me tightly pressed against her.

"I know you will be, but it doesn't stop me from worrying, I'm your mother" I don't argue with her, instead I simply squeeze her tighter.

Honk. Honk.

Sighing heavily she pulled away, looking me in the eye as she says " I love you" I smile brightly at her squeezing her hands that are still holding on to mine before replying with a heartfelt, "love you, too."

Grabbing my purse that I had dropped on the floor and my keys, phone, and black leather jacket near the front door, glancing back and smiling at my mother's retreating back before I sprinted out towards an impatient Sophia.

Little did I know, that the next time I saw her everything would have changed.

~

~

~

"Wow, now I understand the meaning of the expression 'shop to you drop'" Sophia says plopping down in the red leather booth. I laughed as I dumped all my bags underneath the table I sat down in the booth across from her, more graciously then she did might I add.

My legs feel like jelly from walking around the mall for so long I needed to satisfy my hunger, so we stopped in the food court.

"What do you want to eat?" Sophia asked looking around at the many colorful signs and long lines of people.

Sitting up from my slouched position, I tapped my finger on my chin as if I was in deep thought, "Hmm, how about ... Panda Express?" I questioned looking towards Sophia, who nodded eagerly at my suggestion.

We got up from our seats and walked towards Panda Express that was directly in front of our booth so we could watch our bags. We were so focused on our conversation about what we were going to do when we got back to my house, we didn't notice four tall statue like men in our path until we bumped straight into their backs.

Catching my footing I looked up ready to yell at the idiot for bruising my nose but as I peered into his eyes the world seemed to stop. The world felt like it was moving in slow motion around us, and as I stared into his beautiful sea blue eyes I felt like I was being swaddled in warmth.

It felt like we were staring at each other for ages until a loud gruff sound comes from behind Mr. Hotty, interrupting our trance.

Yes, that's what im calling him because with his strong muscular statue and strong jawline he could be a supermodel or an extra in some mythological Ancient Greece movie.

His tongue came out to lick his lips as his eyes broke from mine and he began looking over my body. I could feel my skin heat up and shivers ripple down my spine with a feeling I can't pinpoint.

Nope not an extra, definitively the main character, fucking Zeus or something. I though to myself.

I immediately snapped out of the weird trance he had on me, looking to my right towards Sophia to see her eyeballing a tall, less buff blonde statue that stood next to Mr.Hotty, whom was gawking at her intensely.

"Um, excuse us," I squeaked meekly as I gently grabbed Sophia's upper arm and pulled her back to our table.

"Wow, that was weird," I whispered to Sophia, who was trembling slightly.

"Yea I suddenly lost my appetite" she mumbled, her face pale.

I didnt say anything as i pulled the side of her body close to mine. She can get so overwhelmed she shuts down and become numb, I hate when she feels like that. She took a deep breath and regained her composure.

"Let's get out of here," I whispered to her as I went to grab my bags and some of hers. But as she walked out of the mall I still couldn't shake the warm feeling that I had or the big blue eyes that lingered in the back of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~