One

Luka Cameron Harrison

Luka
    They punched me in the stomach, again and again, I fell to my knees and was hit in my back. I sucked in a breath and curled into a fetal position. They kicked me and kicked me, I felt myself start to lose it. Oh no not again, but they stopped before I did. "Just go kill yourself. Worm," Nick said stomping on my arm. I grunted and another kick was sent my way. Their laughs faded as they walked away. It hurt to move, it hurt to breathe. I slowly pushed myself up and grunted at the effort, I could feel the bruises forming all over my body. I hissed when I put too much weight on my right arm. My breathing was labored as I made my way down the hall. I pulled up my hood and entered my 3rd period class. The teacher glanced at me and I sat in the back in my seat, no one else sat around me, they all sat as far away as they could. I felt like I was being watched, I glanced out the corner of my eye and saw nothing.
~~~
    I walked into lunch and all conversation ceased, I glanced at the outcasts corner and walked outside. I'm an outcast of the outcasts. I ate my apple and pulled out my phone. NeverShoutNever rang through my ears. Losing It came on and a ghost of a smile came across my mind. My mom used to sing this to me, she died when I was 9. My dad's never home, the only person I see is my housemaid and she just runs out of the room if I walk in, afraid to open her mouth to tell me what she really wants to say cause I could fire her. The bell rang and I decided to head to the roof. It calmed me as I listened to my music. Lost It All by Black Veil Brides came on and I nodded my head gently. My long, shaggy black hair covered my eyes and came close to my shoulders. My mom used to play with my light brown curls, after she died, my hair went straight and turned black. My skin was pale, almost white, because I always had on skinny jeans and a hoodie with the hood up. I checked the time and realized that the bell was about to ring. I scampered back inside and walked out the doors. My house wasn't far so I walked. My white and black house came into view, Maria's car was parked outside. I walked inside and went to my room. My room was bare, only my bed, dresser, and desk were in the room. All were bare of any personality, I hate anyone to know anything about me so I kept myself to myself. No one but me came into my room, except for my dog, Slaughter. He murders his toys and the squirrels in the backyard and sounds like he laughs. You can't spell slaughter without laughter so I named him Slaughter. I got him when I was 15, my birthdays coming up soon and I'll be turning 18.
     I woke up, I don't remember falling asleep but oh well. Slaughter was curled up at my side, I curled up in his fur and he licked my cheek. His black and tan fur was starting to stink. I scrunched my nose," You need a bath Slaughter." He was a long-haired German Shepherd. I got up and stretched, he jumped off the bed and walked into the bathroom. He loves baths, he hates to stink. I padded after him and grabbed his shampoo, it smelled like green apples. Once he was wet, I lathered him up. He leaned into my fingers as I massaged his fur. I washed the suds off and put in his conditioner, I left it on for about 5 minutes. I rinsed him and grabbed a big fluffy towel. Once he was dry I pulled out his brush and brushed him, he was clean, shiny, and happy. He gave me a lot of kisses and knocked me over. I laughed quietly and pushed him off. I changed into a pair of black sweatpants, black socks, and a clean black long-sleeved shirt. I clipped Slaughter's blood red collar back on him and walked downstairs. Once I grabbed an apple and a Pepsi, I curled up on the couch, Slaughter laid on my legs and I started watching T.V. I flipped through the channels and landed on Mama. It really wasn't scary, I fell asleep.
    Slaughter jumped off the couch and woke me. I looked at my phone and saw it was 2:15 in the morning. I let Slaughter out and turned off the T.V. Slaughter came up to the door and I let him back in. We returned to my bedroom and I curled up against Slaughter. He licked my fingers and I set my alarm. I fell back asleep.