Twenty

Luka
      I don't know how long I've been running, but it's dark now. My vampire vision the only thing keeping me going. I'm sick of this, three guys fighting for my affection. I know Toby's is just him being friendly, that's just how he is. He's my best friend. But Jeff and EJ. I can't choose between the two. EJ's quiet, caring, and understanding whereas Jeff is loud, rambunctious, and cruel. He'll twist your feelings around and spit a new version back at you. But EJ is true. I don't know who to choose. Jeff or EJ? A whiny caught my attention, then my eyes widened. Shadow. I had completely forgotten about him. He trotted up to me and nuzzled against my head. Tears fell down my cheeks as I kissed his muzzle.
     I climbed on his back and hugged his neck. He started us home. Saw was behind us and I gave him a small smile. He grinned back up at me. The gentle lull of Shadow's smooth walk rocked me to sleep. My eyes shut and I was out.

EJ
    A large dark form got closer and I jumped up to meet it. Shadow stopped next to me and looked back as if to say 'I found him'. "Good boy Shadow," I pat his shoulder and pulled Luka off his back. The minute he was safely in my arms, Shadow walked back to his pasture and I walked inside. Saw was hot on my heels, trying to stay with his master. I laid Luka on his bed and sat next to him, holding his hand in my own. Saw lay next to Luka's side and I watched his face closely for any sign he was waking. What did Jeff do? He had just come up to me and told me that Luka had run into the forest so I sent Shadow after him. I brushed his hair from his face and a small smile fell upon my lips. I've never thought about someone like this. He was constantly on my mind. An aching reminder of what I could never have. Because he would always run to Jeff. He always was attracted to the bad boys and that's exactly what Jeff is. A bad boy.
      He turned over in his sleep and I was forced to let go of his hand. I stood and leaned over him, I took in his face. Peaceful and not on guard, not hiding for fear of being hurt. Something's different than all our past lives. And it's all surrounding him. I pulled my mask up and kissed his brow, then without a sound, I left.