Chapter 12: Facial

Passing through the baking aisle, Simon thought of something. "I want to surprise him with a homemade cake. Could you teach me how to make one, Sean?"

"Of course," Sean answered. "What kind of cake do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Something that is easy enough for me to tackle. You know how awful a cook I am."

"No worries. I'll be there to help you out. As long as," he leaned over to whisper in Simon's ear, "Bo doesn't offer his assistance, we'll be fine."

"I heard that," Bo huffed.

"No, you didn't."

"Fine. I didn't."

Sean grinned and asked Bo. "Did you gather all the ingredients on the list that I gave you?"
"Yes!"

"You're a great helper."

"Anything for you, my love."

"The cheese is oozing." Simon trembled as he rubbed the goosebumps on his arms.

"Sean ge, someone is jealous of our cheese," Bo teased.

"It appears so," Sean agreed. "Maybe we should lower the cheesiness."

"It's going to be difficult to suppress my admiration for you, ge. You're hard to resist."

"You are as well." Sean smiled.

Simon rolled his eyes. "Sure. Pick on the lonely guy and invade me with your endless sparkles."

"I doubt that you'll be lonely for long," Bo said.

"I concur." Sean joined in.

"You two are really meant for each other."

"Like you and Jason." Sean pointed out.

Simon's heart dropped at the mention of his young master. "You mean, Jason and Professor Zhu."

"Trust me. I know my cousin well. His heart belongs to you." Sean reassured.

Plastering on a smile, Simon walked ahead of them. "Is this the right flour?" He picked a random bag off the shelf.

Sean went over to him and grabbed one from a different row. "This one is better."

"I see." Avoiding further discussion regarding his boss, Simon promptly made his way to the fruits and vegetables section. "Let's make a strawberry vanilla cake. I think he would love that."

"All right." Sean nodded.

Bo trailed after the lad with a worried expression.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Bo?" Simon tried to lighten up the mood. "Sean might mistake you for a blowfish and eat you."

"Bo doesn't need to look like a fish for me to eat him," Sean enlightened.

"So, you two long-legged people have teamed up against me," Bo sneered. "I shall go find someone handsome to partner up with."

"W-What do you mean by that?" Sean protested.

"That's exactly what I mean. I'm going to reel in another guy more gorgeous than you."

"I think I just heard my heart shattered." Sean pressed a hand over his heart and frowned.

"Aw...I'm only joking." Bo cupped the older man's face. "No one is ever going to take your place in my heart. You're the most gorgeous in my eyes."