Chapter 6: Replacement

"Simon?" Yohan smiled. "You're here?"

Simon nodded and took notice of the person standing next to his professor. He's the one who lent me his umbrella.

Bailor noticed Simon staring at him and smiled. "It's you."

"Yes," Simon responded. "Thanks for lending me your umbrella. Would you like it back?"

"No, you keep it."

Seeing Bailor seemingly acquainted with Simon made Jason uncomfortable. To make matters worse, this man arrived with Yohan. That plucked at Jason's last nerve and he acted out. "What are you doing here, Yohan?" Jason asked impolitely.

"Bailor brought me. I didn't know that the party was..."

"Going to be held at your ex's house?" Jason interrupted.

"Jason, don't..."

"So, he's the reason?" Jason pointed at Bailor angrily.

"Bailor is..." Yohan got cut off once more.

"Your new boy toy?"

"He's a good friend." Ignoring Jason's attacks, Yohan plastered on a frail smile. "How have you been?"

"What do you expect? Of course, I've been awesome. Why? Are you disappointed to see that I could be happy without you?"

"I..." Yohan stared at him with a hurt expression.

"Don't pretend to look sad. It won't work on me. Not anymore."

Catching eye of Yohan's bracelet, Simon finally realized. Jason's ex wasn't a girl. It was Professor Zhu. He was the one who was torn out of that photo. Why did they break up? Jason seemed terribly upset over their separation, yet he missed him greatly at the same time.

"I'm sorry, Bailor," Yohan apologized with tears brimming in his large eyes. "I think I should leave."

"Go right ahead," growled Jason. "It's not your first time running away, you coward."

"Jason, that's enough." Sean placed a hand on his cousin's shoulder to stop him from verbally assaulting the man any further.

Yohan held his tears in as long as possible and hurried out of Jason's house.

"Thanks for inviting me, Sean," Bailor apologized. "I'm going to..."

"Go after him," Sean suggested.

Bailor gave him a nod of his head and chased after the professor. "Yohan ge!"

"Come on!" Jason grasped Simon's wrist and dragged him toward the bar.

"M-Master Jason..." Simon's voice trailed off whilst he glanced back at Bo.

Sitting down on one of the stools, Jason ordered Simon to do the same. "Sit!"

Simon did as he was told and stared at Jason with pity.

"Don't look at me like that," Jason commanded. Requesting a new bottle of red wine from the bartender, Jason poured it into two empty glasses and pushed one to Simon. "Drink!"

"Um..." Simon picked it up hesitantly. "I don't really..." He halted midway, seeing Jason's disapproving glare and took a tiny sip.

"Sean ge, do something," Bo muttered to his boyfriend. "Simon is like me. He's not much of a drinker. Help him."

"All right." Sean approached the two with Bo following beside him.