Chapter 3: Crazy Day

A continuous beeping tried to pull the sleeping human away from his dreams, but Simon snuggled deeper under his warm comforter.

"Wake up."

Simon could feel someone mumbling those words close to his left earlobe. Sweeping the noise away with his hand, he ignored the face he hit in the process and went back to sleep.

"Wake up!"

The loud call finally yanked him away from his wondrous dreamland and back into his harsh reality.

Gasping, his eyes shot wide open and he immediately jumped out of bed. "Is there a fire? Run!" Simon panicked.

Seeing the younger man overreacting, Jason shouted out to him. "Maid! Please go wash up and make me some breakfast."

"Breakfast...?" Simon finally remembered where he was and glanced at the clock. It was already 7:15 a.m. "Oh, no. I overslept. I'm so sorry. I'll go prepare right away."

"I'll be down in 15 minutes."

"All right." Simon nodded and ran into the bathroom, shutting the door.

"To think...you were supposed to wake me up." Jason snickered loudly on his way out.

Simon rushed downstairs, got lost for a while before he found the kitchen. He didn't have a clue as to how to tackle Jason's morning meal, since he never really made anything other than instant noodles or a ham sandwich.

Jason headed downstairs in a mannerly fashion and sat down at the dining room table. His eyes nearly bulged out when he caught sight of the world's most frightening display of unexplained objects in front of him. Even with the top layer scraped off, the 2 toasts were still burnt to a crispy black color. Next to it was a plate of half cooked, scrambled eggs with visible pieces of shell mixed within. The only thing that looked the safest to put in his mouth was the coffee, so Jason picked up the cup and took a sip. He immediately shot out of his seat and ran to the sink to spit it out. His entire mouth was filled with half grinded coffee beans, which took him awhile to rinse out. Jason went back to his seat to take a look at his cup and saw a thick, muddy extract of coffee settled at the bottom.

"Did you forget to use the coffee filter? Why is my cup filled with more powder than liquid?"

"Um..." Simon scratched the back of his head as he explained. "I didn't know where the filters were placed."

Jason sighed as he opened the coffee drawer and pointed to the paper filters. "They are right next to the ground coffee."

"Oh, I must have missed it when I searched the cabinets. I'll make you another pot right away." Simon took hold of the canister and poured out the bad coffee.

Jason noticed that his maid's right hand was red and swollen, so he grasped him by the wrist to see what was wrong. "What happened to your hand?"

Wincing, Simon shook his head frantically. "Nothing." Pulling his hand away from Jason's grip, he quickly proceeded to wash the container. "Some oil splattered on it when I cracked the eggs into the hot pan."

"Geez, you are such a klutz!"

"It's okay. I'll put something on it later."

"What do you mean it is okay? Your hand is blistering up."

"I'm fine. It doesn't really hurt." Simon pretended, fighting back the tears that were forming in his eyes.