𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE, TRACK TWENTY-ONE"back then it was me and you, now i hate that it's just me"—— NARRATIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE,
TRACK TWENTY-ONE
"back then it was me and you,
now i hate that it's just me"
—— NARRATIVE

where did we go wrong
phora
1:15────I─────1:09
↺͏͏           ◁◁͏͏       ll       ▷▷           ⋮≡

the doctor came out of the room to give alejandro the information he was dreading. alejandro was the only stable one to receive the information, so he was the one who was going to have to relay the message to ezequiels mom. alejandro assumed the worse. code blue simply meant cardiac arrest, which means ezequiel stopped breathing. how could he not assume the worst?

"my name is doctor jameson, i'm mister castro's doctor." the doctor introduced himself. doctor jameson took a look at the two girls on the floor, both of them now hugging each other. "i think the girls would be happy to hear that ezequiel is awake."

alejandro was taken by surprise, he didn't expect that at all. he was confused, so confused.

"he coded because when he was waking up, his brain wasn't getting enough oxygen." the doctor informed alejandro. alejandro nodded, taking in the information and wanting to jump up and down at the news. "i think your friends would be happy to know. we just have to ask him a few questions before you guys can see him." alejandro nodded and the doctor walked back into the room. alejandro was so shocked, he didn't even know how to tell them.

a loved one coding while you're in the room is one of the scariest things alejandro and natalia ever experienced. the sound of the machines beeping loud and quick is enough to cause havoc in the room, the shouting and screaming for a doctor only leads to more chaos, and then the thoughts of oneself makes the situation ten times worse.

ivy finally stood up while leaving natalia on the door. natalia wasn't going to get up any time soon. she felt so weak in her legs. ivy walked to alejandro, wanting to know what the doctor told him.

"he.. he said?" ivy hiccuped. alejandro was still shocked. he was staring at the door to the room and ivy was concerned. "alejandro?"

"he's awake." he whispered, barely audible. ivy looked at alejandro like he was bullshitting her, but he wasn't. ivy wanted to rush into the room but as soon as she took that first step, he grabbed her. "they have to ask him questions and they said-"

alejandro was interrupted by the doctor opening the door. the nurses that were in there walked out and the doctor softly smiled at alejandro, "he's ready to see you guys."

natalia looked up at the doctor, confused as to why they walked out of ezequiels room smiling. alejandro looked at her and kneeled next to her, informing her that he was awake and conscious. natalia didn't believe him, but when she seen ivy look into the room with a small smile on her face and tears forming in her eyes, she had no choice but to believe him.

"how.. how?" natalia asked. she was happy he woke up, it was like a miracle. but she didn't understand. "he coded, how.. how is he awake?"

"when he was waking up, he wasn't getting enough oxygen in his brain so that's why he coded." alejandro explained, natalia nodding and looking at the floor. she tried her best to stand on her own two feet, holding on to alejandro for support. she made her way towards the room, looking into the room and seeing ezequiel with a small smile on his face as ivy held his hand.

ivy turned around to see natalia and alejandro standing in the door frame, directing ezequiels attention to the door as well. once ezequiel looked at natalia, the widest smile appeared on his face, replacing her frown with a small smile. this was the first true and genuine smile natalia gave in a long time, and even though it was small, it was something.

"hi." ezequiel managed to get out. it was a soft greeting, and raspy but that probably had to do with the fact that he's been in a coma for a bit.

"hi." natalia choked out, a couple of tears falling from her eyes as she walked closer to him. alejandro grabbed her a chair and set it on the opposite side of ivy so both girls would be able to be on either side of him. natalia sat down and grabbed his hand, ezequiel moving his head so that he was able to see her.

alejandro felt his phone going off and seen the group chat blowing up, soon enough someone was starting a group facetime call. he walked outside of the room and answered the questions that were being asked.

"is he awake?" he heard alvaro hectically ask. alvaro looked like he was running around his house, probably searching for his keys. catherine can be heard yelling at him in the background.

"bro, answer!" mattia demanded. it looked like mattia was rushing outside of his house and into his car. the group of friends was talking at once and alejandro assumed miss castro was the one who informed everyone. that meant miss castro was surely on her way to the hospital as well.

alejandro caught everyone up on what happened once he got them to stop freaking out and settle down. everyone wasted no time making their way to the hospital, hell alejandro wouldn't be surprised if they made it here before ezequiels mom.

alejandro walked back into the room and seen the three friends laughing, natalia now with the widest smile on new face. the light that once shun in her eyes when she smiled that disappeared weeks ago was back, and alejandro was happy to see it.

╔═.✵.══════════╗
lyss' personal
lyrics!
╚══════════.✵.═╝

FINALLY, hopefully less problematic chapters
coming up. adios <3

don't forget to vote + comment <3

word count: 1013