Chapter Twenty

You stood, staring at Vincent.
"Who are you?" You asked him, a bit suspicious. His smile was very creepy, and he stared at you both with such oddness. He looked familiar, but you couldn't place where you recognised him from.
"I'm Vincent," he began. "I work here."
"As what?" Mike asked him. "Jeremy and I have the dayshift, and (F/N) has the nightshift."
"Put it together, Mike," he spat. "Two on the dayshift, one on the nightshift."
You and Mike exchanged glances. You did not want to work with this guy. Something was off about him, and it made you suspicious yet terrified.
"I'll be working with (F/N)."
Mike spoke up. "If you do anything to her, don't think that I won't gut you and choke you with your own intestines."
Vincent raised his hands. "Don't worry, now! I don't plan to do anything of the sort."
"Good," Mike said, glaring at Vincent.
"I just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be going now. See you tonight, (F/N)~," Vincent replied, walking out of the room. He winked at you as he left, but Mike didn't notice. You didn't want to tell him, either, because you knew it would result in another fight.
You sighed. "Forget him."
"It's hard to, when he's acting like a creep," Mike replied, sitting back down and continuing to work on Goldy.
You remained standing and watched him for a bit.
"I haven't seen PG or Jeremy for a bit, I think I'll go look for them," you told Mike.
"Okay, but be safe."
You nodded and exited the room.
Once you got to the Game Area, you stood in the back and looked for them. You spotted Jeremy comforting a crying kid, next to the Show Stage.
Walking over, you immediately asked, "what's wrong?", and kneeled beside the crying child like Jeremy was doing.
"I-I can't find my mommy," the child said, through tears.
"I'll help you," you told the little boy, looking at Jeremy. He nodded to you and left, looking grateful.
"Really?" The boy asked, taking his hands away from his damp eyes and looking at you.
"Of course I will! Now come with me. We will find your mommy, I promise!" You sounded like you believed in yourself to make the child happier.
He still looked worried as you picked him up and held him.
You carried him to the front desk by the exit sign, a few rooms away. "Do you know what your mommy's name is?" You asked the boy. He shook his head.
"He-" you began.
"(F/N)! Where were you?" PG asked, sounding relieved.
"Where were you? It feels like I haven't seen you in ages!" You smiled, seeing PG stand behind the desk.
You gave him a sideways hug, trying to make sure the child didn't fall from your grasp.
"I'll talk to you later, okay?" You told PG. "Right now, I need you to help me find this boy's mother."
"Alright. Uh, what's your name?" PG asked the boy.
"Alex," he replied, sucking on his thumb.
"Alright," PG stated. He picked up a microphone type thing sitting on the desk. He pushed a button. "If you are looking for a little boy named Alex, please come to the front desk immediately. I repeat, if you are looking for a little boy named Alex, please come to the front desk immediately," he let go of the button, and everything he said began repeating itself through the various speakers all over the building.
"Now, we wait," you smiled at Alex and sat him down on the counter, staying close by so he wouldn't fall.
You watched to see if anybody would show up. As you did so, you felt something on your hand, and looked down to realise that Alex was holding your hand.
He smiled at you and you smiled at him, before keeping watch for his mother.

After about ten minutes of nothing, PG spoke up. "Hey, can you watch the desk for me? I-I've got to do something really quick,"
You nodded. "Alright."
PG left the desk and went to look for either Jeremy or Mike.
He looked in the Game Area, first, because there were a lot of people there. He saw Jeremy and went over to him.
"Can you help me look for a child's mother? His name is, um, Alex," he asked.
"Sure. Do you want me to ask around?" Jeremy replied, looking around at all of the people.
"Yeah, that'd be great," PG smiled.
Jeremy nodded and walked off, asking anybody and everybody he saw if they are looking for a little boy named Alex.
PG went into the other party rooms to ask as well.

You stood at the desk with the little boy, who was beginning to worry. "What if she left without me?" He cried. You held the little six year old in a hug.
"Shush now, we will find her. I promise," you comforted.
He quietly cried into your shoulder.
"Hey, no tears!" You pulled back from the hug and looked at Alex. "Your mommy is safe, and she's probably looking for you too! Maybe she didn't hear the announcement that PG made," you spoke.
Alex wiped his eyes with the back of his hands, and, seeing as that wasn't working, you grabbed a tissue from a box on the desk and handed it to him.
He wiped his eyes and blew his nose before handing the tissue to you, which you threw away.
"I've got a game we can play," you smiled. Alex looked up at you expectantly.
"It's a little clapping game called Lemonade Crunchy Ice."

"Finally...." the man sighed, smiling.
He backed away and looked at what he did. "Tsk tsk. Such a mess."
His eyes were already adjusted to the darkness around him, yet it was still a bit difficult to see. The man kneeled down and placed a hand onto something, feeling around. After feeling nothing he was looking for, a grin spread across his face.
"Now..." the man spoke quietly. He reached around something and struggled for his keys.
Once they were free, he wiped them on a tissue from his pocket and stood up, securing them to his belt.
He quickly exited the room, locking the door behind him and acting like nothing happened.

Jeremy looked over, hearing a door shut. He didn't see anybody near the door.
He walked over to the door, curious.
He jiggled the door handle, realising that it was locked. He got slightly suspicious upon realising that.
He unlocked the door and quickly entered, leaving it open a crack.
Jeremy flipped the light switch on and looked around the small space.
His stomach lurched and covered his mouth with his hand. He felt like puking.
On the floor lay a woman with light blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail. She was wearing a pink dress, which had red stains around her neck.
Her mouth was wide open as her glazed over eyes stared out into nothingness. Her throat was coated in blood, and a gaping hole was left in it. Fresh blood oozed slowly out of it.
Jeremy backed away slowly, out of the room. His eyes were wide with shock at what he had just seen.
He backed out and shut the door before running to tell somebody.

You smiled at the innocent child. He laughed adorably as you both clapped your hands together.
"Turn around, touch the ground, freeze!" you both said together for what seemed like the millionth time. You purposefully rubbed your nose.
"You lose!" Alex cheered, smiling.
"Aww man!" You faked. You smiled at the child, who seemed to have completely forgotten that his mother was missing.
You were about to play the clapping game again, but you were interrupted.
"(F/N)," Jeremy said urgently. He walked quickly up to you. He looked terrified; his face was pale and his eyes were wide.
You turned to him. "What?" Worry coated your voice as you saw the state he was in.
Jeremy's eyes shifted from you to Alex, then back to you. He cleared his throat, hoping you'd take a hint.
You narrowed your eyes slightly at him.
"Stop with the charades," you spoke. "What happened?"
Jeremy looked you in the eyes.
"She's dead," he whispered, near silent.
You shook your head. "No. No no no. It must be the wrong person," you didn't fully believe what you said.
"Nobody showed up, (F/N). It has to be her."
"Hey, did you ever find the mother?" Mike walked up to you.
"Watch him," you pointed to Alex hurriedly before following Jeremy. You barely saw the confused look on Mike's face before you left.
"There," Jeremy said, shakily pointing to the door. You glanced over.
You stepped forward, slowly. Hesitation took over as you grabbed the door handle and turned, pushing it open.
Once you saw the woman, it was hard to look away. What you saw terrified you, made you want to cry. You eventually pulled your eyes away and looked at Jeremy.
"What do we do?"