Chapter Nine

The following days were a mess. You stayed at home, sulking, worried, and stressed. You desperately wanted to know the full story and ask the animatronics what happened, but you couldn't.
With the closing of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, you lost your job, along with Mike.
The other day, he went and visited. He wouldn't let you come. When he returned, he told you that nobody had been there for a while, and police lines were nearly everywhere. He had a key to it, which they forgot to take away. You'd never gotten one, because either Mike would still be there when you got there, or they'd leave the doors open for you and let you lock them from the inside once you arrived for your job.
You'd been watching TV, and avoiding the news. You checked on it one time to figure out that they have been constantly replaying the story of the murder at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
You kept asking Mike to take you with him when he visited every so often, but every time he said no, you'd ask why, to which he would answer with "It's too dangerous." Even though you didn't know why he'd say that.
"Please?" You begged him one afternoon when he came over to visit you. He knew you were sad and didn't want you to be lonely.
He sighed. "No, (F/N). I don't want you getting hurt."
"I won't get hurt! If you want, I'll even follow you around the whole time!" You protested.
"You do know that we can get arrested if the police see us there, right?"
"Since when do they even go back? They just put up those lines and leave, never returning. You know it, too!"
"Not today, okay?" He sounded a bit annoyed.
"Tomorrow?" You'd asked, knowing his answer.
"Alright, tomorrow."
You paused.
"Really? Thank you so much!!!" You wrapped your arms around him in a hug.

That night, you couldn't wait. You could barely get any sleep.
You woke up earlier than normal. It was 8:31 am when you awoke.
You got up out of bed and immediately changed into some comfier clothes, which included a light blue flowy tank top along with some gray sweat pants. You put on your favourite shoes before going into your living room and sitting on the couch, waiting.
When Mike finally arrived, you were insanely happy.
"You have to be quiet while we're there, okay? You can talk to the animatronics but try not to make them angry or where they want to walk around a lot," he explained. "When the incident happened and police investigated, they powered off all of the animatronics to be able to investigate better. The other day I went in there and turned them back on, and onto free roam mode. You can't tell anybody about this, alright?"
"Okay, I won't. When can we leave?" You asked, feeling many emotions impact you at once.
"Right now, if you want," Mike said, smiling.
"Alright!" You agreed.
You both walked out to his car and got in.
"What if police see your car there?" You ask, worried.
"Don't worry, they won't. I park around back, and they rarely come during the early morning, if at all."
You sat back and relaxed, anxiously awaiting the events you'll soon be facing.

About an hour later, you arrived at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
"Well, this is it."
You gasped. It looked nothing like before.
There were police lines with the words "DO NOT CROSS" written across them in bold black lettering. The lines were in quite a few places, including one over the door, which looked like it was cut then taped back together, which Mike confirmed he did.
"Yeah, I did that so I could get in and out easily and nobody would notice."
You breathed out. "Wow... It looks so different..."
You both exited the car and went around front before entering. Mike used his key to get in, and you followed. He locked it once you both were inside.
"Geez... It doesn't smell too good in here," you said, taking in a foul smell.
"Um...yeah. It's because of what happened, and the rotting ingredients in the kitchen," Mike said, glancing back at you.
You followed him to the show stage. "They're up there," he pointed to the stage.
"Aren't you coming?" You asked him.
He stayed silent for a moment. "I've seen them once...I don't think I want to again. I'll wait down here," he replied, which made you wonder what he meant.
"Alright, stay there!" You called down to him, before cautiously going up the steps and behind the huge curtain to the show stage.
You flipped on the light and saw all the animatronics sitting there. They looked kind of...lonely.
You walked to the centre of the stage towards the front, so you could see them all.
You stared in horror as they did indeed have blood and mucus coming out of their eyes and mouths.
"What....what did you do?" You whispered in horror. You wanted to turn away, but couldn't.
"Look, it's not what you think," Freddy said, standing up. They all looked at you.
"I-I think it is."
He shook his head. "No...we didn't mean for this to happen. It just...happened. We're sorry, (F/N)," he said sadly.
You were silent for a moment.
"You....you did this?" You asked, a question that was aimed at all the animatronics.
"We said we're sorry, (F/N). If you'd just let us-" Chica began, but was cut off.
"No, please don't go!" Bonnie grabbed your arm as you began to run off stage.
"Stop, please!" You said, trying to get away. You hadn't realised it, but you'd been crying.
"Please, just listen to us!" They begged.
"Just stop, please! Let me go!" you begged.
"Wha- let go of her!" Mike yelled, now on stage.
"She needs to listen to us, you have to let her!" Freddy begged.
"She can't right now. We will come back some other day, I swear! Can't you see you're hurting her?" He yelled in anger.
You fell to your knees, as they all had strong grips on your arms and shoulders. Tears streamed heavily down your face.
"We're.....not.....bad....." Chica said, after a long moment of silence.
"Please, if you'll just let go of her, everything will be okay," he tried to reason with them. He seemed to be begging them. "You're hurting her. I don't want that! Please, will you let go of her? I'm practically begging you!" He said.
They all suddenly let go of you, to which you immediately got up and ran over to Mike, embracing him in a hug.
"We...didn't...mean to..." They all said sadly.
"Thank you," Mike hesitantly said to the animatronics.
They all suddenly turned their heads to stare at you both. You felt Mike tense up, so you looked back at them.
Their eyes were all black with tiny white irises. They had a pained expression on their face, along with anger.
"Please, no," you whispered, eyes wide.
"We're sorry, (F/N)..." One said. You weren't too sure who it was.
You barely had time to think before you were getting ripped out of Mike's arms. The first thing you saw when you looked up was an animatronic lunging at him.
"MIKE!"